Chapter 20- Wind Versus Ice

Chapter 20- Wind Versus Ice

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas

The scene shifts and Soren is heading to the party. He notices a lot of people running away from it.

 

Soren: “I can’t help but think Jax had something to do with it”

 

Soren stops a man and questions him

 

Soren: Sir, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you coming from?

 

Man: “I’m just leaving Dodge’s party. It was going great until someone had to crash it.”

Soren: “Somebody crashed it?”

 

Man: “Yeah dude. This crazy guy just all of a sudden drove a dump truck into the side of the building.”

Soren (thinking): I ask him to do this quietly and he picks the most random, destructive way to enter a party. (Looking back at the man) “Thanks for the information”

 

Man: “Sure thing”

 

The dude continues to head away from the party when all of a sudden Soren feels a dark aura around him. Soren starts breathing heavily and a couple beads of sweat are dripping from his face.

 

Soren: “What the hell is this?! This presence seems a lot heavier then the Boss’s and I know it isn’t anyone I know. Who the hell is this?”

 

Soren stops and examines the people leaving the party. He sees a few girls running and screaming, a few guys talking about how awesome it was to have somebody drive a dump truck but then he notices someone walking calmly. He has his head down with his hands in his pockets. He doesn’t seem to care about all the noise surrounding him. Soren tries to get a look at the person’s face but it is pretty dark so he can’t see his face that well. The man continues to walk without a care in the world. Soren, being pretty emotionless, has a serious look on his face

 

Soren: “Who was that? (Then starts thinking about Jax). I got to see if Jax is okay!”

 

Skymon and Myles are staring each other down. Skymon has a smug look on his face and Myles looks serious. While looking at each other Marco managed to get back up on his feet, albeit wobbly. He was a few feet from Myles and once he got back up he tried to shoot Myles. Without looking Myles frosted the tip of his knuckles and threw a punch that shattered the man’s jaw and he fell back down.

 

Skymon (thinking): “Why did he even bother getting up?”

 

Then he focuses his attention back onto Myles. He begins to speak.

 

Skymon: “How long has it been Myles? Since we last fought?”

 

Myles doesn’t say anything Skymon continues to speak

 

Skymon: “You actually put up a good fight that time too. There wasn’t a clear cut winner that time. “Although I admit I wasn’t in good control over my ability at the time. Don’t you realize how much stronger I have gotten since then? Coming here was a huge mistake boy.

 

Skymon raises his hand in the air which causes the wind to blow towards Myles but Myles is standing his ground.

 

Skymon: “Like I was telling your buddy over there, I don’t like to be the one to make the first move but I’ll make an exception for you”. (He uses his power and blows himself in front of Myles) “Let’s begin”

 

With his hand in the air, Skymon brings it down to punch Myles but Myles catches his hand before it hits his face. Then Myles begins to slowly freeze Skymon’s hand. He managed to freeze up to Skymon’s knuckles but Skymon throws a kick towards Myles stomach which makes him let go of his hand to defend himself. Skymon takes the opportunity to use his wind ability to make a slash across Myles face. Skymon smiles but when he looks at Myles he sees that he didn’t hit him the face, but he hit some ice Myles was using to guard his face. Afterwards Skymon uses his power to blow Myles back a few feet. He then creates 4 mini tornados and directs them towards Myles direction. Myles is looking at the tornados coming towards him and wonders how he’ll evade.

 

Myles (thinking): “S**t, with the stuff I learned so far, my ice won’t help me.

 

He then proceeds to back-flip and evade the first one and side-step the next tornado but the remaining two are coming from different directions and he can’t dodge both. Myles gets spun around a few times and is launched from the tornado. When he is tossed from the tornado he is headed straight for Skymon. Myles starts to brace himself. Skymon throws a kick towards Myles head but Myles is able to catch his foot before it connects and manages to freeze his foot.

 

Skymon: “S**t!”

 

He begins to grab his foot and while he is doing that Myles freezes his fist and punches Skymon in the face. Skymon has his head tilted back and looks to be in a daze. Five seconds later Skymon let’s out a half-hearted “Ouch” and looks at Myles with a grin on his face. His nose is bleeding.

 

Skymon: “So this is the new Myles huh? Blessed with an “Ability” just like me. Ice at that. Yours is well suited for a physical fight and defense. Lucky b*****d.”

 

Then all of a sudden Myles gets a cut on his cheek and chest.

 

Myles (grabbing his chest): “S**t”

 

Skymon: “But mines is pretty sharp if I say so myself” (Skymon’s head is still looking upward from the punch Myles gave him) “How sharp exactly?”

 

Skymon uses his power to force Myles against a building. He is holding one hand up as he does this. Then with his other hand he holds down by his side. After he uses his arm as if he is bowling and when his arms raises up the street starts to split a little bit in a straight line. It’s heading towards Myles while he is up against the wall. Kidd is laying himself up against a dumpster and sees the street splitting.

 

Kidd (talking to himself): “What are you going to do Myles? You didn’t abandon us for months to go out here did you? I want to witness what you learned”

 

Meanwhile the wind is heading towards Myles. Myles is trying to put his hands together but the wind is preventing him from doing so.

 

Myles (thinking): “I got to form an ice block”

 

While Myles is struggling to get his hands together Skymon is laughing. He makes a gun with his hand then pretends to shoot.

 

Skymon: “Boom”!

 

As soon as Skymon says that the wind connects with the building. The force was so strong the two story building collapsed. Skymon is standing still and Kidd is watching. Around 15 seconds have passed and there doesn’t appear to be any movement from under the debris. 



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Writer's Note: My favorite manga character is Kakashi Hatake. My interest in him is pretty much what got me into mangas

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH GOD YOU LOVE KAKASHI!!!!!!!!!!! NARUTO AND GAARA ARE THE BEST CHARACTERS EVER!! Besides that I liked this chapter. I like the ice powers that Myles has! I don't like Skymon still. I want him to die a terrible death. And the beginning made me laugh. That was really funny. I love when he drove the truck into the building. You did a great job on this chapter. I really liked this. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet fight! I love the wind vs ice power battle.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like Myles power! It's perfect for this fight between Skymon and Myles. But if the wind hit the building, wouldn't it have fallen the other way instead of on top of Myles? (just gravity and the law of motion thinking..)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh WOW!! I sure hope Myles is okay... :-(

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hey, you finally wrote more chapters!!! I'm glad you continued with the fight between Skymon and Kidd and Myles, it was awesome, I hope Myles is ok, I think he's kind of cool!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I might be wrong, but I feel like if you say Breathing heavily, soren starts dripping .. instead of starting it with his name, i feel like maybe his name is said too much in the paragraphs between the dialogue? But, otherwise, it's an engaging chapter and engaging characters. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

846 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..