Special Side Chapter 3- I’d Like To Solve The Puzzle!

Special Side Chapter 3- I’d Like To Solve The Puzzle!

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas

The scene switches to inside of an extremely high tech looking facility. It appears to be a lab filled with equipment that looks too advanced to be real. Dr. Wessun is vigorously typing away on a large computer while the Shaggy Looking Man is stretched out on couch in the lab waiting to hear the results of Dr Wessun’s experiments. He comments on how he can never get over the fact that Dr.Wessun has such a high tech underground lab hidden under an abandoned building. Then he grabs what appears to be a toy and holds it in his hands only for it to break. The Shaggy Looking Man lets out a nervous laugh and hides the toy under the couch. Dr. Wessun is taking his time working on his computer and the Shaggy Looking Man is growing impatient.


Shaggy Looking Man: “Come on Doctor Wessun, you been working on this thing for sixteen years! I could have figured it out by now.”

Dr. Wessun: “I believe it’s only been fifteen my impatient friend and since you have perhaps the greatest scientific mind to grace this planet I will gladly step aside and let you analyze these results, since my small delicate brain cannot process this data fast enough for you.”

Shaggy Looking Man: “I think you mean the universe. I’m no science nerd like you but I’m pretty crafty myself. Crafty enough to where I wouldn’t take fifteen years to study a rock.”


Dr. Wessun: “3rd grade baking soda volcano projects don’t count.”

Shaggy Looking Man: 
“Can you believe that teacher failed me for that too?"


Dr. Wessun: “Because you flooded the whole cafeteria. How you can mistake a teaspoon of baking soda for a gallon is beyond me”


Shaggy Looking Man: “You know what Doc? That rock better be radioactive. I hope that rock is so hazardous it corrodes yours insides or something.”


Dr. Wessun: “Hazardous? I think you mean harmless.”


Shaggy Looking man: “Are you serious?”

Dr. Wessun: “As a heart attack. The results are in, see for yourself.”

The Shaggy Looking Man gets up off the couch and heads towards Dr. Wessun’s computer and looks at a bunch of complex readings and data that would look like gibberish to the average person.

Shaggy Looking Man: “These readings are off the charts! What are you talking about harmless Doc?”


Dr. Wessun: “Don’t be a buffoon, these results are inverted.


Dr. Wessun makes a few adjustments on his computer and other nearby machinery


Dr. Wessun: “Look at the graph now.”


Shaggy Looking Man: “I’ll be damned, 15 years for this. There must be a mistake, maybe one of your calculations are off. Don’t do this to me.”

Dr. Wessun: “I told you that you may be disappointed. There is one thing I can tell you.”

Shaggy Looking Man (disappointed): “Yeah? What is it? More test that take fifteen years?

Dr. Wessun: “You don’t know when to quit. I was going to tell you that I can hundred percent confirm that this thing is not of this world. Its composition doesn’t resemble anything remotely close to the matter in our solar system, yet alone this planet.

Shaggy Looking Man: “Now we’re getting somewhere, that’s what I like to hear. I told you something was up with that thing.”

Dr. Wessun:  “The exciting part ends there, sure it’s chemical composition is unlike anything I’ve ever witnessed but other than that it’s still a chunk of rock. It has no redeeming qualities, it isn’t some diabolical weapon, a super powered energy source, or anything else your wild imagination can think of. It’s a rock. Fancy, but still a rock nonetheless.”


Shaggy Looking Man: “You’re underestimating him. You think I would spend fifteen years of your life looking at a piece of rock?”  

The Shaggy Looking Man gets up and walks towards a device attached to the side of the computer terminal, he inputs a code and the rock that Dr. Wessun was studying slides out. He takes it and holds it up to the light

Shaggy Looking Man: “I brought this to you all of those years ago because I trusted you. I thought if anyone could unravel the mystery it would be you. I thought you could understand just how serious this was. I thought I was dealing with a man who took pride in his work. Instead it looks like I’m dealing with a man who takes pride on dedicating fifteen years of his life to something and then giving up because the answers don’t jump out in front of his face. A man who refuses to look beneath the surface and is satisfied with only the things he can behold with the naked eye.

Dr. Wessun: “I don’t have to take this from you! YOU asked ME for a favor! And this is how you talk to me! I didn’t dedicate fifteen years to anything! You kept taking the rock every five seconds! Yes I’ve been working on it for a really long time but I probably haven’t even seen it for a consistent amount of time ever! Your always taking it and bringing back, telling me your make believe stories about how the rock pulled you out of reality or some other fictional garbage! That damn thing is just a piece of rock! I can’t believe I let you talk me into this nonsense, lying to me, telling me that it was left to you by the man that…”


Before he can finish the whole room is filled with a bright light. The light blinds both Dr. Wessun and the Shaggy Looking Man, they also feel a strong vibration, similar to an earthquake. A couple minutes pass before the light fades away, when both men regain their vision they are astonished by what lies before their eyes. The Shaggy Looking Man lets out a sly grin as he notices the horror on Dr. Wessun’s face.

Dr. Wessun: “wha…waah…what the hell! Where are we! What did you do?”

The Shaggy Looking Man looks around and notices him and Dr. Wessun appear to be spirits that are floating out of their bodies which are lying on the floor in the laboratory. Before he can speak the rock illuminates once more and the same bright light fills up the room. This time when the light fades the two men find themselves back in their bodies. Doctor Wessun is completely frozen with fear and is dead silent.

Shaggy Looking Man (with a huge grin): “I think you better run some more test on that “rock.” It’s been fun though Doc, but I better get going. I have to get back to my neck of the woods. You should get some rest Doc, you don’t look so good. You seem to be suffering from a case of Open Mouth, Insert Foot disease”

The Shaggy Looking Man turns around and heads towards the elevator to take him back to surface. Dr. Wessun is still shook up and still hasn’t found the words to say, when finally he manages to speak up and stop the Shaggy Looking Man before he boards the elevator.

Dr. Wessun: “Wait. What else have you found?”

Shaggy Looking Man: “Interested now? You didn’t piss yourself did you?”


A large text with the words “Pee” shows up and has an arrow pointing to Dr. Wessun’s pants, which looks wet. He angrily takes the arrow and throws it in the distance


Dr. Wessun: “I’m serious! Answer me!”

Shaggy Looking Man: “Unfortunately nothing. You’re my strongest lead right now.”


Dr. Wessun: “What about those list of dates?”

Shaggy Looking Man: “I’m actually meeting with someone about that soon.”

Dr. Wessun lets out a huge sigh, he is highly stressed and you can easily see the look of concern on his face.

Dr. Wessun: “He’s really out there isn’t he?”

Shaggy Looking Man (with a serious look): “Yea. It’s only a matter of time before he shows himself. Don’t stress yourself out about it. I’m going to solve this thing before it gets out of hand.”

The Shaggy Looking Man begins to board the elevator but it stopped by the doctor one last time.

Dr. Wessun: “WAIT! HOLD IT!”

Shaggy Looking Man: “Yeah Doc?”


Dr. Wessun: “Almost forgot, it’s finished.”


Dr. Wessun reaches into his coat and pulls out a short ordinary looking black stick, it strongly resembles a tonfa, except with no handle


Dr. Wessun: “Kaazatarr left this for me to give to you. That’s his best creation yet, specifically designed just for you, it will only respond to you and your commands. It scans your fingerprints when you grip it, and is also able to read the electrical pulses from your brain waves. It has a psychic-like link to you. The best thing is it will be able to change into whatever weapon you want it to be.


The Shaggy Looking Man starts twirling the stick around


Shaggy Looking Man: “I don’t know. Don’t take this the wrong way doc, I’m sure Kaazatarr put a lot of time and effort into this but this is nothing like my baby”

Dr. Wessun: “Your baby is a 16th century piece of junk.  You can’t keep lugging that thing around, it arouses too much suspicion. Besides, it looks weird seeing a man with that in this day and age.


The camera pans over to the Shaggy Looking Man’s back and you can see a huge broadsword that is almost as tall as him strapped to his back. Dr. Wessun looks confused because the broadsword seemed to appear out of nowhere

Shaggy Looking Man: “I guess you got me there. Well fine, I’m not crazy about it, but I’ll give it chance. Give Kaazatarr my regards as well.”


Dr. Wessun: “Aren’t you going to test it out?”


The Shaggy looking man slips the stick into the pocket of his sweatpants

Shaggy Looking Man: “Nah, I like surprises.”



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Once again another informative chapter but lastly, the end of the SIDE STORIES! Next chapter will be the beginning of the "Tournament Arc"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this chapter. I like informative chapters. I thought this chapter had it's funny moments. I loved this chapter. Shaggy reminds me of Jax too, but Jax will always will be better. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"You seem to be suffering from Open Mouth, Insert Foot disease." Hahahahaha!!!! Hilarious, I like Shaggy almost as much as I love Jax (but not quite). I love this chapter, can't wait to read the new arc!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Harmless as a heart attack? I adore the "Open- mouth, insert foot disease" joke too! Interesting weapon-y thingamajig... I want one! More strange info to be digested... Excited!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Aaaah! Great Chapter! I say that all the time because it's true. :)

Dr. Wessun: “Don’t be a buffoon, these results are inverted.(")


Shaggy Looking Man (disappointed): “Yeah? What is it? More test that take fifteen years?(")

Dr. Wessun: “You don’t know when to quit. I was going to tell you that I can hundred percent confirm that this thing is not of this world. Its composition doesn’t resemble anything remotely close to the matter in our solar system, yet alone this planet.(")

The Shaggy Looking Man gets up and walks towards a device attached to the side of the computer terminal, he inputs a code and the rock that Dr. Wessun was studying slides out. He takes it and holds it up to the light(.)

Shaggy Looking Man: “I brought this to you all of those years ago because I trusted you. I thought if anyone could unravel the mystery it would be you. I thought you could understand just how serious this was. I thought I was dealing with a man who took pride in his work. Instead it looks like I’m dealing with a man who takes pride on dedicating fifteen years of his life to something and then giving up because the answers don’t jump out in front of his face. A man who refuses to look beneath the surface and is satisfied with only the things he can behold with the naked eye.(")

Dr. Wessun’s pants, which looks wet. He angrily takes the arrow and throws it in the distance(.)

Dr. Wessun reaches into his coat and pulls out a short ordinary looking black stick, it strongly resembles a tonfa, except with no handle(.)

Dr. Wessun: “Kaazatarr left this for me to give to you. That’s his best creation yet, specifically designed just for you, it will only respond to you and your commands. It scans your fingerprints when you grip it, and is also able to read the electrical pulses from your brain waves. It has a psychic-like link to you. The best thing is it will be able to change into whatever weapon you want it to be.(")

The Shaggy Looking Man starts twirling the stick around(.)

Dr. Wessun: “Your baby is a 16th century piece of junk. You can’t keep lugging that thing around, it arouses too much suspicion. Besides, it looks weird seeing a man with that in this day and age.(")

The camera pans over to the Shaggy Looking Man’s back and you can see a huge broadsword that is almost as tall as him strapped to his back. Dr. Wessun looks confused because the broadsword seemed to appear out of nowhere(.)

The Shaggy looking man slips the stick into the pocket of his sweatpants(.)




Posted 12 Years Ago


Dont do it Shaggy!! SURPRISES ARE NEVER GOOD!! >___

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

668 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2011
Last Updated on September 6, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..