How Long Did It Take?

How Long Did It Take?

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Child abuse!!!

"

I have not been sleeping the past few nights. Partially from xanax withdrawals and the dependecny on them for sleeping .. but more so as from thinking about a child who's picture I saw on the local news and the sufferring he endured.
 

I am not writing this to exploit the little angel of three .. no, i am writing this because we all need to do our part if we even suspect the abuse of a child... also an animal .. of course children come first.. This little boy was beaten to death by his mother and father ... if you can call them that. Me, I call them monsters.
 

He was a little boy, black with a big smile and white shiny teeth setting on a bed and smiling.. (of course it happens to all colors of children) How could he smile when he suffered as he did .. I guess because children are so innocent and loving and maybe to him his mom and dad loved him and he them. The 'crime ' he comitted..wetting to bed.. he is 3 for goodness sake! And so... his mother and his father beat him with an electrical cord.. I keep thinking about it. Seeing it, wondering how long it took for him to succumb to death?
 

I can only imagine the pain and being only three... i'm thinking he did not know what to do or say and had he known it would have not helped..but he could not say, 'I'm sorry I wet the bed, please don't hit me it hurts so bad and i promise never to do it again and be a good boy'.. no, he couldn't do anything but suffer till he died from the beating, As hard as it is to say I am glad he is not here on this earth .. he is in a better place, a safe place. It hurts me to know this happned..and it happens many times each day across the world. I love that child and wish I could have helped him. As odd as it may sound it is as if he is haunting me .

But then, they all are, all the little ones in these situations.
 

So this I promise.. never will I let one little thing go when it comes to a child ( or animal ).. they have no voice of their own so I will speak up for them.. We all need to .. if you feel something is not right, call SCAN.. let the children atleast know we are trying. It is too heartbreaking to think of but it happens ..
 

The punishment for his 'mother and father'? Ten years in prison. TEN YEARS! What is wrong with the legal system? Of course in due time they will receive their just punishment.. Karma gets us everytime..
 

This is more bloggish than a story.. so please accept my apolgies for this .. also I am not using this baby to get reviews ,, i say this because one noted and lovely poetress on this site wrote of something similar and was accused of exploiting the little girl for her own gain..She was trying to get the word out and pay a small tribute to the child, yet she was chided.

Please if you suspect abuse report it .. It could safe a child. This little one did nothing but wet his bed .. his life is over .. other's aren't.

Let's try to help them.. I just keep thinking how long did it take for him to die from the beating? How long?
 

Bless the beast and the children..innocent they are and love unconditonally.

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
I detest . as we all do, child and ani,al abusers!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is about the children...and sad as it is...kids die and get kidnapped every day by their parents hands....the ones that the children trust and love unconditionally....

I witnessed a three year old die in front of me when I was young...the mothers boyfriend did it...he walked after two months.
I hope karma has never been kind to him since. I just don't get why parents lose their cool when children act up, or wet the bed, or whatever.....they are children. We are the adults. We know better. They don't. Its our job to teach them, to raise them up to be civilized human beings.
Not to beat them, degrade them, humiliate them.

I have tears in my eyes from reading this, for the little boy, and for what I endured, and for all the rest of the kids out there who don't have voices.
You shouldnt get chided for this.
If you do....those people are just plain silly.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A sad reminder of how important it is to speak up when we see something that doesn't seem right, we need to protect those that can't protect themselves. You are such a caring soul.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Man, this was so sad and painful to read. But indeed it is a part of our reality nowadays... daily. I know the pain of being hurt day in and day out by someone you trust and love, thanks to my dad. And these chidren truly need a voice. Before they just slip through the cracks of life.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Extremely powerful and bitterly sad. Very sobering. This is reality, and it is absolutely harsh. I don't know why people do the things they do sometimes.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People who hurt children are frightened, confused, pitiful creatures without the balls (pardon me for being blunt) to face themselves as decent human beings and are self righteous b******s who think only of themselves and care not for who they hurt. A spineless bunch that are too cowardly to stand-up against anyone other than those weaker than they are. Thank you for posting this Chloe. As a father I know how crazy I would be if someone were to harm my child.

Posted 16 Years Ago


And I never thought you were...

WOW, what a powerful write! AND read...

Always, The Gentleman

Posted 16 Years Ago


There's two things I can not stand. Child abuse and animal abuse. I agree with you they don't really have a voice to speak for themselves. I just finished a book called "A Child Named It". It is about a child that was abused at home and his life during that time and after he was taken out of th home and put into Social Services. It is a rough story to think about his life and the fact after all he went through he was still able to come out okay in a sense. I recommend it as a read for you. It shows the other side to what happens to often afterwards. Life in the system.

This was a great thing to do Chloe and I am glad that you felt a need to do this.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


These terrible events are hard to comprehend. The biggest thing most of us can do is to make a difference wherever we are. Sometimes it's easier to see the suffering of those in the news or even in a work of fiction than it is to see it in the lives of those around us. That's where I need to improve, I know that much anyway.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oooh abuse just makes me so mad... no one should have to bear that... noone should have to deal with the pain thinking it is their fault...
this is a great write by the way.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh geez, thats terrible. Being a victim of abuse myself, I feel for him. Child abuse is awful even being so young and innocent.


Karma will see to it that they rot in a jailcell i'm sure.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chloe...being the victim of spouse abuse..I can feel for this little guy..I am an advocate for battered women and children..Ten years..they should have hung them for Heaven's sake..Our justice system sucks..God bless..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flame Flame

A Poem by Fran Marie


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo


^BLOOD^ ^BLOOD^

A Poem by Fran Marie