Reviewing and Rating ..

Reviewing and Rating ..

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

This is not top writing material.. i think it was because people like to discuss and be heard and give their opinions of this establishment

"

I just read all the top writing. I gave each piece a rating of 100 because the writing was good and deserved a 100 in my opinion. I hope I did not knock anyone from their spot .. I didn't mean to if i did.
I just read a tongue-in-cheek story about knocking people from top writer by rating low.. now you would think if the writing is at the top people are not rating it low , so it must be pretty good.. so to go and deliberatley rate a good poem or stroy low for your own good or just out of spite is so wrong!
I do hope this sort of thing stops .. please, let this Cafe be a haven for all , like it was when i first joined almost a year ago.

Being hateful to others and saying ugly things about them, spreading rumors , how childish is this?
Very! Yet people do it all the time .. why? Drama is for TV .. but of course some of us have it in our lives.. but why carry it here where we come to try and get away from it? Man, my life could be a hit Soap! I am so sorry for so many of my friends on this site who have been victims of black-ball ratings, lies and rumors and spite.. I hope it ends.

I have read some reviews that say some of the people on here kiss a*s and act fake..I want you all to know I mean every word i say.. I was not accused of this , it just struck me that some may think of me as such as i do go on and on about peace and love and how great the writers are.. I MEAN EVERY WORD OF IT. IT AND I AM NOT FAKING IT .. I  do feel love for all , we all do live on the same planet, share the same air .. here there wherever we are connected... And love is easier than hate and being nice is just how i was taught to behave .. and I love you all here, there everywhere.. I said on seeing pictures of Saddam Hussein when he was imprisoned wearing only boxers and looking so awful, sad and defeated.. i said I kind of feel sorry for him and people asked me how could i feel sorry for him.. i thought and i don't  know ... it is just me .. I am glad he was taken out of power and not able to harm anyone again.. So what's wrong with me? He was a monster in so many ways .. well, enough on trying to analyse this .. I just wanted to say a few things ..

I also want everyone who has read anything I wrote that I appreciate it and you.. sometimes lately i can't get around to return the review.. I hope i can get back to each of you who read my last poem i wrote, Chasing and all the other writings you may have reviewed.

So let me say something so cliche .. in the word's of Rodney King..." Why can't we all just get along"? Or was it "Can't we all just get along"? Either or means the same.

Love and respect and peace to all who read this.
 

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
just wanted to say thanks to all who read my writing and a few other things.. like maybe people thinking my words are not the true me .. words on reviews and in groups and messages and all that and because a friend of mine here has felt the sting of people's crap too many times! and does not deserve it!
And because i am tierd of my friends telling me their rating is knocked down by jealous people or those who want their's to go to top spot .. as for this being top writing it is not worthy.. it is there i think because people want to give their opinions and be heard too .. but no, this is not top writing however
I left the rating open as people need to read this i do think ..really though it is not a
review type of writing. And thank the Lord this went off the top writing .. !!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Finding myself falling victim to this more and more as of lately I am left to wonder way. I have nor would I ever attack someone else's work. I though seem to attract the personal attacks. It especially bothers me when a person speaks all nice about your work and then trashs you in the rating just to knock you down or something. It seems that there are other writers that have their friends or other people attack you to make sure you do not do it to them. I don't really care about the top spot stuff as it just seem to allure more attacks on you. But if it makes someone feel special to knock someone down go ahead. I will not do it to you but just remember Krama is a b***h and when she comes around you will know it for sure. Thanks for writing this as I was in a pissy mood after this just happened to me after you reviewed my piece someone else struck. LOL Oh well

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There has been way too much of this kind of thing going around the site lately. And it has been ugly!
I agree with what Mr Luna says. I have also had someone give a really good written review and then a really bad rating... and I don't really get it. To be honest I'd rather the rating system just disappeared. But then I don't know how good writing would be recognised... but then again it is not a competition, so why does it matter? I don't know. I'm just trying to ignore the whole thing and enjoy reading some great writing. Well said. As for the Saddam Hussein comment, sure he was a cruel b*****d - no one is debating that - but in my opinion it shows great compassion to acknowledge the feelings of those who may not have acknowledged other peoples'. It speaks more of your humanity than theirs. After all if we treat people the way they treated others it makes us no different from them.
I could go on and ramble for a while longer but I think I will stop here...
Nick

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful.

I totally agree with you. I personally don't care about top or bottom on the list. I simply love the fact that someone, other than my baby sister, loves what I write. I write because it is a part of who I am. I greatly appreciate constructive critisim, but I hate when people "deliberatley rate a good poem or story low for your own good or just out of spite." Its hurtful to everyone. But those people are just stupid and childish, and that is how they should be treated like children, who need a time out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Well said!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

First of all, the rumours about me are all true. ~wink ~wink.
I get that rap about giving high scores and loving the writings, saving to favorites-- but that's me, and I will never change at this age. Like they used to say on "Miami Vice," 'Ain't it a crime?' I could be out doing worse. ( I wanted to write 'worser things' just to make you laugh there) lol.
I'm with you, Chloe. One time I was a few from the top and I did not repost my old reviews so it took some time to get up again...I had reviews to catch up on and everyone I reviewed passed me on the list. I laughed and I did want the top spot but I will work harder and review BEFORE I post a writing. HAHA!
Your writing and reviews always show your tender love for everyone. I know you are that way and you welcomed me here from the start. No wonder you are Top Writer as I speak!! It's karma, Chloe. What a great writing here and it makes everyone think and aligns those who forgot how.
I

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Finding myself falling victim to this more and more as of lately I am left to wonder way. I have nor would I ever attack someone else's work. I though seem to attract the personal attacks. It especially bothers me when a person speaks all nice about your work and then trashs you in the rating just to knock you down or something. It seems that there are other writers that have their friends or other people attack you to make sure you do not do it to them. I don't really care about the top spot stuff as it just seem to allure more attacks on you. But if it makes someone feel special to knock someone down go ahead. I will not do it to you but just remember Krama is a b***h and when she comes around you will know it for sure. Thanks for writing this as I was in a pissy mood after this just happened to me after you reviewed my piece someone else struck. LOL Oh well

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

I was one of the people someone wrote about in someone else's writing...someone dedicated a poem to me and was accused of brown nosing me...as if doing so would gain then anything. Such a stupid statement no matter how you look at it. A friend writing a poem about a friend is something wonderful. I was shocked when I saw it. Then this person comes along and writes nasty things about me in their review and in the writer's comments...so stupid and pointless and for what reason? None other than a lack of maturity and a need to hurry up and grow up already.

People make those statements - like you point out here - based on jealousy, pettiness and immaturity. Sadly the cafe seems overrun with these kinds of people lately. Hopefully they'll return to wherever they came from soon and leave this place to those who care about friendship, writing and integrity.

No way are you fake Chloe...you way at all.

*HUGS*

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Strategic rating? .... Oh, how drole (NOT!). And how idiotic! Is this a competition?!?!?! ... Aren�t we here to enjoy ourselves - by writing and reading and exchanging ideas?!?!?!

I mean how utterly silly can this get? Whether or not I am on the top writers/writing list never even remotely passes my so-what-test ... most of the time, it�s just pot luck anyhow, because somebody saw something he liked and passed it around ... I for one am always happy when I find a new name, a new face, a not yet known to me writer on top of that list, because then and - sorry - only then am I sure that there is a really fresh, unique, new and probably brilliant piece up there ...

Hand on heart - often enough we find the same couple of dozen names up there. I�m not saying that those pieces of the TOP writers aren�t good, often brilliant ... all I am saying that there are so many pieces out there that get only a handful or fewer readings and no reviews and never make it to the top list and would definitely deserve to be there. Just, they remained undiscovered.

Frankly speaking, I rarely look for the top writing or top writers list for what I read ... for the above-mentioned reasons. Or rather, I read the pieces where the title or the writer interests me ... But, more often than not, I just read from NEW WRITING or from the NEW WRITERS list ...

What am I getting at? Well said, Chloe! We should HELP each other, not compete .... Yak! Apart from that: Get a life! We�re all very small fish in an even smaller poetic pond here ... it�s nice, if your fellow wrtiers appreciate your writing, but beyond that - who cares?!?!?

Have a great weekend, Chloe. xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 8 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1444 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Home Birth.. Home Birth..

A Story by Rain