Close Your Eyes-Dream

Close Your Eyes-Dream

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

<3

"
In this world where life is
perilous each day a gamble
from children shooting children
while learning the golden rule..


I often wonder-
could it be that we
have become apathetic
turned a blind eye
we need to open our eyes
see-

I like to think of a world
filled with love-
love of people, animals, places..plants-
moons, stars, planets.. ours
first Mistress Earth

Can you close your eyes
see a world of love without
endless misery

War- extinct like the dinosaurs
hunger a thing long gone
religion all of ones choosing

Can you see?
a world where our children
live free in peace
no hunger or pain

Can you see?
war machines stripped and sold
for scrap metal
to make music for the soul

Money is of no worry
everybody shares..
no one is too heavy to
carry
no burden to bear

Can you see?
a dream, perhaps 
to dream the impossible dream
it is possible-if we all dream the same
dream together-

Please, won't you close your eyes-
dream with me-

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
based loosely on the beautiful song, "Imagine"
Thank you Serah and Emmah , an honor for me
This poem means much to me, i believe it will happen
someday if we ... the if, can all get along - sharing, caring and
remembering we are all one.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, Imagine is what I thought of when I read this.
I thought, "She's the next John Lennon. Well, maybe a female-version."
If your dreamworld became our reality, I would never again shed a tear.
Heck, I don't think there'd be any reason whatsoever to shed tears, unless they were tears of the purest joy.

I truly love this poem. If it were a person, it'd be my best friend.
Excellent work(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

May we all continue to imagine how wonderful the world may be if just open our hearts to those around us, listen to their cries, IMAGINE all the good we may bring to a hurting world......beautiful sentiments and a tribute to such a memorable song!
Well done sweet friend!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a beautiful dream...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This write made me feel so many things that I can't organize them in my own mind to make them make sense in the review. Moving comes to mind and it is the easiest for me to express of how I felt after reading this. Your words here want to make me believe there is hope after all because it is as simple as closing our eyes and dreaming the same dream. I could go into much more about that thought but I will keep it short. Your pen has a way of making me open up and that is a gift. Amazing poem and as I see it is a classic here on WC.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Imagination lives
Imagination gives
Us all a tool to heal
For molding minds that deal

Posted 12 Years Ago


well I was going to say that it reminded me of "Imagine"
but you beat me to it! well I love it anyways! nice poem




Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you for bringing the powerful poem back. It has been 30 years. Seem like yesterday we lost the great and kind man of love and hope.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


the best from you ! wonderful write .. i wonder what if john lennon had an option to choose this as the lyrics for his awesome song .. this write flows like a melody .. don't know about others but i will surely close my eyes to dream with you :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Can I add, that image is amazing...those dome dwellings..
and from this 'distance' it looks like stained glass, but
do you know? Where is this taken? It is truly unique.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is powerful verse! A plea that i hope this world will pay heed to. As I write our world is in sriff that doesn't have to be. Your write tells us this if only we listen to our enter being.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Right, right, I was thinkin' of "Imagine" as I read it ("Imagine no religion. . .") ;-)

Your timeless piece reminds of how universal this sensibility is, yet so seemingly impossible to implement (well, everyone was surprised by the fall of the Berlin Wall as well). I always hearken back to integral studies (Gebser, Wilber), since the bulk of the cumulative gratuitous miseries derive from inadequate contextualizations in the world. Even the Age of Reason has yet to attain full dignity, since the tools of rational processes are used all too often to support prefabricated ideologies both secular and religious. Add to that the fact that it takes an Age of Integrality to even make the planet fully habitable, and one realizes, as Thoreau did, that humans are "tools of their tools," be that sociopathic corporatist economics, or mythic fascism masquerading as holiness. Gives greater meaning to the colloquialism, "What a tool." ;-)

So, yes, dream your dream, and contemplate the structures of the collectivity and how they can be evolved. This is not the space to give a dissertation on what constitutes integral studies, hence, just the names dropped, for the truly interested.

A stand-out stanza: "Can you see?/war machines stripped and sold/for scrap metal/to make music for the soul" -- makes me think of industrial music!

Lennon's "Imagine" was essentially Zen, simply stripping away all the dross, all the rationalizations, all the beliefs, and BEING.

I'll dream such transparency with you. . .


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3103 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..