Close Your Eyes-Dream

Close Your Eyes-Dream

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

<3

"
In this world where life is
perilous each day a gamble
from children shooting children
while learning the golden rule..


I often wonder-
could it be that we
have become apathetic
turned a blind eye
we need to open our eyes
see-

I like to think of a world
filled with love-
love of people, animals, places..plants-
moons, stars, planets.. ours
first Mistress Earth

Can you close your eyes
see a world of love without
endless misery

War- extinct like the dinosaurs
hunger a thing long gone
religion all of ones choosing

Can you see?
a world where our children
live free in peace
no hunger or pain

Can you see?
war machines stripped and sold
for scrap metal
to make music for the soul

Money is of no worry
everybody shares..
no one is too heavy to
carry
no burden to bear

Can you see?
a dream, perhaps 
to dream the impossible dream
it is possible-if we all dream the same
dream together-

Please, won't you close your eyes-
dream with me-

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
based loosely on the beautiful song, "Imagine"
Thank you Serah and Emmah , an honor for me
This poem means much to me, i believe it will happen
someday if we ... the if, can all get along - sharing, caring and
remembering we are all one.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, Imagine is what I thought of when I read this.
I thought, "She's the next John Lennon. Well, maybe a female-version."
If your dreamworld became our reality, I would never again shed a tear.
Heck, I don't think there'd be any reason whatsoever to shed tears, unless they were tears of the purest joy.

I truly love this poem. If it were a person, it'd be my best friend.
Excellent work(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you Serah and Emmah with all my heart.
It is an honor!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's the problem. Too many of us don't see or feel. Everything around us serves a purpose but for the most part we would rather kill or destroy, burn it to the ground. Our primal instincts are rooted deep and uprooting them is taking turns for the worst as they do not want to be removed. I hope one day that tree will fall, clearing a path for a better future, but I fear I may not live to see that day. Nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YOu are one enlightened chick lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a brilliant, powerful and potent verse! it is an address to this world, a plea that i hope this world will pay heed to. it is a vision of a new beginning, a fresh perspective - devoid of the violence and prejudices and judgments that taint our sight today.

"I like to think of a world
filled with love-
love of people, animals, places..plants-
moons, stars, planets.. ours
first Mistress Earth"

its such a touching thought - and its all pervasive - the beings that inhabit this earth and the ones that don't!


"War- extinct like the dinosaurs
hunger a thing long gone
religion all of one's choosing"

brilliant and cutting-edge! that we allow war to ravage cities, countries, lives and children; to devastate dreams and kill memories is a real shame, in my opinion! it is us who have brought our disagreements to such intensity, driven by a lust for more and more, that resolution by dialogue seems impossible! how can there be people dying of hunger and dying for God in God's own world?

"Can you see?
war machines scrapped and sold
for scrap metal
to make music for the soul"

these are the most beautiful and intense three lines i have read in a while! this is what we need - to take things that create death and turn them into things that heal! immensely moving - it's a vision that is, perhaps, the light that we need.

it's a dream that i want to join in and dream! it's dream we need to come together and make real; a dream that, i hope, will not stay just a dream! a dream that you weave, that i watch, with open eyes - seeing the surity of a believer with the eyes of a dreamer!

it's a verse to be very proud of! a dream that is a song that the world should sing along with you! and i hope we do, real soon!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... it's a beautiful ode to "Imagine" and is as intensely felt and received as it is written ... you take the reader through an immensely overwhelming journey ... right in the first stanza ... you mince no words when you make a stark comment on the start times ...


from children shooting children
while learning the golden rule..

... the irony that these lines scream of is heart-breaking and distressing beyond measure ... the violence of our times has percolated to children and what can be more tragic than that ...

turned a blind eye
we need to open our eyes
see-

... very well-expressed ... we really need to open our eyes ... and we have turned a blind eye to everything that we need to see, experience, feel and cherish ... and all we eye we eye with greed ... beautifully expressed ...

love of people, animals, places..plants-
moons, stars, planets.. ours
first Mistress Earth

... oh you say it so well ... i often think if the absence of hatred would be love ... and am reminded of a famous quote that says that love ought to be a verb ... especially to neutralize the hatred that is omnipresent and omnipotent ...

Can you close your eyes
see a world of love without
endless misery

... true that ... that plea is really heartfelt and much needed ... if i think about it ... then depression has become so rampant and so inevitable for most world citizens today that it's almost as if a world without endless misery is not even a remote possibility ...

War- extinct like the dinosaurs
hunger a thing long gone
religion all of ones choosing

... war and religion ... two issues that most conflicts can be reduced to ... highlighted extremely well in this stanza ...

Can you see?
a world where our children
live free in peace
no hunger or pain

... whatever concern can be expressed for the lives that children lead and the future that awaits them is less ... despite all educational advancements, technological advancements and economic growth ... we all live in world where children don't even begin to get their due in most nations all over the world ... a dismal and sad state of affairs ... and your words again make a moving plea ...

Can you see?
war machines stripped and sold
for scrap metal
to make music for the soul

... this is an outstanding stanza ...this is ravishing poetry ... the imagery ... the thought ... the poetic array of words ... this is sheer music to the ears ...

Money is of no worry
everybody shares..

... what a powerful thought to express ... and you do so with such courage and humility ... exceptional ...

it is possible-if we all dream the same
dream together-

... you said it ... it really is as simple and as complex as that ... people have just stopped dreaming together ... people have stopped living together ... and people have stopped trying together ...

Please, won't you close your eyes-
dream with me-

... i would and i do ... and it's really sad that most don't ... and without a dream there's nothing to even work towards ... but it's people like you that make a difference ... i thank you personally for the light that you bring into many lives ... thank you so much for being the special person that you are ... and giving us a glimpse of your golden soul through this moving but radiant verse (poem) ...

(serah)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

We all have an ideal world in our minds, You conveyed it very very well. I loved it. Lol I have a little hope now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is normally such a cliché topic, but you handled it brilliantly :) I really enjoyed reading this. Outstanding poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the part of scrapping war machines into musical for one's soul.
I wish for all of it .. you'd think it could be possible.
Kudos

Posted 13 Years Ago


from children shooting children
while learning the golden rule

Such an ironic, yet true, line. I like this poem. Lots of beauty in the truth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can you see?
war machines stripped and sold
for scrap metal
to make music for the soul


Oh Chole, if only that was reality instead of a dream, I so love the above verse

the entire poem simply beautiful in its soulful verse~ your peaceful heart

shines thru~ in this outstanding poem!!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3103 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..