Stop Shaking

Stop Shaking

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

In memory of all who lost their lives a year ago in a horror called a tsunami in Japan ... Please don't forget... still much healing needed there. Thank you.

"
Mother why are you shaking
Have we frightened you
Did we dig too deep-hurt you
Take your resources for granted

Are you angry
Afraid
Sick 
Have you given up on us

You hold us in your bosom
I know we forget many times
That you have all the power
That you can do much harm

We forget until the next time
When you show us 
As you belched shaking Japan
To the core
Swallowing her people

They are buried alive
Dead -dying 
Crying tears looking
Searching for kin , friends

Catastrophic- radiation
Food and water-shortage
Electricity - without 
Bleeding inside out

If I hold your hand will you 
Please, stop shaking
Could you
Would you please
Hold my hand 
Believe me never again 
Will I take you for granted

Please take hold of my hand
Stop shaking 

© 2012 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
had to write something about this it is on my mind
my thoughts are in Japan my eyes cry as i watch the people
the children being tested for radiation contamination
worried people looking for loved ones
hanging on for dear life
Still for the most they stand , stoic and brave it seems
is this the beginning of more terror for Japan and the world?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sometimes when you mess with mother nature there are extreme consequences to those actions. The destruction that can be cause by nature alone is huge and detrimental many times to those who are affected by its power. So much happened over there and ruined and changed so many lives. Makes you think differently about having nuclear power plants doesn't ?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Can feel the depths of what you have written. You can always put yourself in other shoes and feel what they feel in the essence of giving the voiceless a voice. Just emotional and very profound in importance. Indeed taken for granted yes indeed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


taken for granted...yes...well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was undeniably beautiful. There was so much emotion and truth in this. It felt as if you had directly experienced what they had....This is amazing. Great job. You addressed this anniversary beautifully, Chloe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I tremble at the thought of Mother Nature, she has many vengeance to express, if she be anything like humanity, my heart would know we are sure done, but in all the turmoil she decides to show the season of births; I hope we all can take head, and show love for those who need our help. My heart mourns for Japan...

I think she still loves us, but we better show some love back before she writes us off...

Great Write of Compassion!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


You made this so personal with the personification of mother earth in the opening lines - gives a new and unique perspective of the disaster. Powerful images and heartfelt words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
ahh very interesting piece - powerful - and a great write - we take the world for granted and believe it is for us to use as we wish without repercussion - the personification is brilliant! great write Chloe!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very thoughtful and inspirational. I love the symbolism here. And I love the personification of Mother Nature. You are an awesome writer. Please keep it up. I would love to keep reading.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The is beautiful, I feel for all those effected by the disaster. We should never take the earth for granted, I'll join you in holding the hand of the earth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting piece. I guess I wonder if she really wants us to hold her hand ... or if perhaps she just wants us to stop flaunting her admonitions and warnings. I imagine her saying "Do not test me puny humans!" as she wags her finger at us and we ... oblivious ... continue with our global warming, and our smog, and our oil spills and deforestation and all other manners of thumbing our collective nose at her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very poignant and timely write. We must all keep them in our thoughts as they go through so much trauma. Beautiful work straight from the heart!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1535 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2012

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT