Locked

Locked

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe


Locked in a box
No way out
Struggle
Scratch 
Claw
Nails breaking
Fingers bleeding 
Head throbbing
Mind Screaming
Heart pounding
Mouth dry
Lungs bursting
Gasping - air
Looking - light
Scraping 
Digging
Screaming 
Dying inside
Afraid outside
Locked
In-a-box -Jack
Wind me up 
Faster please
Where is the key
Where is the key
To sanity
Is only a state of 
m-i-n-d
b-e-n-d-i-n-g
The key















*Munch- "Scream".. he painted this after seeing me early one morning on first awakening- he kept that a secret- (joking of course)

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
nonsense and gibberish a dash of anxiety a hint of our world

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was just writing something tonight, somewhat, similiar... great minds think alike yes :))

Very intense, but now I want a jumbo jack :)

Great job dear friend, and the picture is crazy!
Antonio



Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it Chloe...It was a good read that I didn't have to struggle to follow!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I felt like I was in a coffin buried alive. I think a lot of people could relate this Chloe. I enjoyed the anxiety of this.

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


this reads like the frantic feeling it speaks of...very intense and so well executed as you conveyed the feeling of terror with exactness...In no way is this nonsense...superb writing!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The humane psyche can play tircks on us so many times, that is what causes our phobeias... I can relate to this fast paced, intense piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


multiple nuances trabslatable on several levels~ from psyche to world to humankind and back in a loop~ you convey the feelings of anxious terror and confinement very well here~ Chloe~

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice!! though you think it is nonsense but i like this kind of stuff!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't think this is jibberish. It's a great write. The flow is soft yet jagged at the same time to fit with the meaning of each word. Good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I invisioned a person trapped in a coffin that was being burried under life itself. The panic here clouded the mind and fed the panic to take hold more and more which you captured in the description of the actions. I like the mental break down and the anxiety that was displayed in desperation and all I kept thinking was just breathe and think first. :) I like this write it was creative and gibberish only because of her panic stricken actions for freedom :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


how you've lined up the shape and structure of the poem is nice.
I like how you've used shortened words throughout it. I liked this:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

815 Views
21 Reviews
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing