Kicking Kate

Kicking Kate

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe

She walks slowly
Eyes downcast
Face covered -long
Dark hair
Black hoodie

She pretends not to hear
Look at her - what a fat a*s
Laughter so cruel
Wonder who she will go
To prom with- the Goodyear Blimp

She walks with tears streaming
All her life she has been
Outcast

Too fat for gym
Too fat for him
Too fat for them

Facebook deleted
Friends? only to humilate
Only to call her vile names

Myspace deleted
Friends? only to harrass
Fat a*s pasted beneath
Each picture

She walks tears dry now
Still she hears the taunting
Teasing -names she dare not say

Sad Kate no comfort
No friends
No him
No them
She turns to food
Parents ignore

Next day Kate walks out her door
To a place not too far away
A bridge across a murky river
Deep water salvation near


She falls into the river
Swallowed up never to surface
Who will they kick now as
Kate cannot be kicked anymore

Have you ever kicked Kate

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
bullying - why? online and off .. why do people do it - is it just meaness within them, to make their friends think they are cool? hope and pray it stops - not all would go to the extreme Kate does in this poem but we never know how fragile the human pyshce is ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the majority of today's generations have a piece missing~ they are of the mentality of the entitled elite~ entitled to this and to that~ entitled to crucify those who do not bleet along with their sheeple hymns~
the moral compass has been deadened in the new unchildren by a corporation and media saturated society that values the illusions of perfection above anything real or human~
your poem tears at my heart~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poetry was a fantastic way to put the subject of Bullying on the table. No child should go through the torment of other children just because he/she isn't the same as them... And what is considered "the same", we are all unique... The ending hit me hard... An emotional piece of poetry that brings up a delicate situation, well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This one made my tears well up--and that doesn't happen often. It brings back memoires I've tried so hard to forget. This is gorgeous in its truth.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Teasing, insults; they're all part of bullying. My first wife used to laugh openly at over-weight people at the grocery store, making me want to crawl in amongst the bananas and hide. What's wrong with people? Why can't they put themselves in other people's positions?
Untold numbers have ended their lives because of cruel things others said to them. Words can't physically break bones, but the pain and turmoil they cause is just as bad. Thanks for shedding some light on this terrible problem, Chloe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It only needs one person to start a bullying campaign, so often buddies don't want to be involved but get sucked in cos of being thought uncool or an outsider. But then, today's society is morally, physically and politically unfair to the weak, 'can read about it every day .. so, youngsters think that bullying shows power etc. WRONG! Change attitudes, show that being kind shows strength, that being a friend is worth more than clothes on the back. Sorry I rant, never have been big in stature, there were times at school when i got called a runt, was nudged and shoved etc - nothing as awful as things we read or see today, but, still remember.

This is a wonderful piece of writing .. you've told a terrible tale, you've told a tragic finish but, the actual poem could be the start of a wonderful campaing in schools and colleges ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've been bullied a lot through-out my life. I just 'don't fit in'. At the end of the day, now that I'm older and I have the strength within me I look back and laugh at them all. They're just pathetic to have so little within themselves and their lives that they need to break down someone else just to get some vague sense of self worth.

It's very hard to see this point of view when you're a fragile teenager who feels alone in the world to suffer through. However, coming out the other side I know I'm a far better and stronger person than any of those bullies. If people would take a little time to help form a support network and help the victims, it'd make a huge difference. However! We also need to consider the bully in all this. Yes I know they're the predator but maybe it's the dog trainer in me. You can't just plaster over the problem (the bullying) to truly solve the problem you need to understand WHY they bully and then stop That. Make sense?

This is a problem which can only be cured if both ends are tackled.

A great poem with a strong meaning behind it. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, this is extremely topical and poignantly penned. You have given voice to all the so called outcasts. Again a connection I find is that people are obsessed, here as well, with stereotyped notions of beauty and perfection. This sad piece is near perfect.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice work Chloe. My humble 45 year old opinion is bad parents raise bullies, I raised mine better than that, I wish others would. This piece was sad and it was true great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


People want to make them selves look better and in the simplest minds they figure by putting others down it elevates them. When in truth it only makes monsters of children and outcasts into victims. I was bullied until I got scary, which thankfully was enough to make them stop. Not every kid lucks out like I did, and not all of them want to turn "gothic" as I was so often called. :P Lucky me, right? Not as bad as fatty or weirdo, that's for sure! I digress, this is a very moving piece that honestly made me want to go kick some bully's butts (I didn't! :P), and I believe parents are responsible, regardless of work schedule! Excellent work, if only everyone was as understanding as this poem!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
perfectly poignant and penned perfectly...bullying sucks..

Posted 13 Years Ago


the majority of today's generations have a piece missing~ they are of the mentality of the entitled elite~ entitled to this and to that~ entitled to crucify those who do not bleet along with their sheeple hymns~
the moral compass has been deadened in the new unchildren by a corporation and media saturated society that values the illusions of perfection above anything real or human~
your poem tears at my heart~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

820 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT