I Walk Alone (Winter's Walk)

I Walk Alone (Winter's Walk)

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

peaceful winter walking

"

Frosty 'morn
dawn's violet hues
bundled in wool
fleece covered feet
crunch frozen earth
I walk
solitude
repose
tranquility
serenity
peace
breathe

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i wrote this a few months after joining this site.. someone told me poetry need not have a lot of words
this was my first attempt to cut back on a flowing mind.. this was when this site was in its golden days.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Of what you've written thus far, this is one of my favorites. It feels natural - like there's a moment's passion in it . . .(almost like William Carlos Williams' Red Wheelbarrow:so much dependsupona red wheelbarrowglazed with rainwaterbeside the whitechickens.My only suggestion is that you reconsider the last six words . . . I like the word "repose" but the words tranquility, serenity, and peace came across to me as kinda' repeatitive and don't seem to add any additional insight per line as another descriptive word might do (I would offer suggestions, but . . . ) . . . Does that make sense? I have already been out this morning, had the cold dew on my bare feet (chasing my puppy); I can tell that the sun's quickly heating up a sheer blue sky . . . I'm so glad that the ground is no longer frozen in the mornings, but then your little poem made me miss it a little . . . ;) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 13 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very nice!! it has such a calm feel to it - a crisp winters morning - "fleece covered feet/ crunch frozen earth" - nice! brilliant little poem!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nothing like a walk on brisk morning...sometimes mornings like this can be invigorating and clear one's mind...this was a lovely gem...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think that what made me fall in love with poetry is the writer's ability to convey such a huge message using so few words. Though this poem wasn't lengthy, it said all that it needed to. I was completely engulfed in that walk with you.
And thanks for your review of The Spirit of Intimacy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A most excellent poem. Truly I can feel your emotions flowing within the poem. I enjoyed reading this particular writing. I don't see anyway that you could improve it. It is true that poetry doesn't have to have a lot of words to convey the writer's experience.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
indeed, you convey this perfectly..sometimes the less you use the more you give to the reader to use their imagination ..and there is something calm about mornings like this..

Posted 13 Years Ago


I walk each morning, and could feel your words quickening that sense of wonder in the waking winter world... What a tender beauty here... I'm glad you listened to your friend... perhaps the golden days will return...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem made me LONG for Winter to be over, n' for the arrival of the kiss of Spring! LOVED IT!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh, yes

this is gorgeous

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice and simple picture of Winter's beauty. You are right, there is such a different vibe on here these days...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2083 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on February 29, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..