I Walk Alone (Winter's Walk)

I Walk Alone (Winter's Walk)

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

peaceful winter walking

"

Frosty 'morn
dawn's violet hues
bundled in wool
fleece covered feet
crunch frozen earth
I walk
solitude
repose
tranquility
serenity
peace
breathe

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i wrote this a few months after joining this site.. someone told me poetry need not have a lot of words
this was my first attempt to cut back on a flowing mind.. this was when this site was in its golden days.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Of what you've written thus far, this is one of my favorites. It feels natural - like there's a moment's passion in it . . .(almost like William Carlos Williams' Red Wheelbarrow:so much dependsupona red wheelbarrowglazed with rainwaterbeside the whitechickens.My only suggestion is that you reconsider the last six words . . . I like the word "repose" but the words tranquility, serenity, and peace came across to me as kinda' repeatitive and don't seem to add any additional insight per line as another descriptive word might do (I would offer suggestions, but . . . ) . . . Does that make sense? I have already been out this morning, had the cold dew on my bare feet (chasing my puppy); I can tell that the sun's quickly heating up a sheer blue sky . . . I'm so glad that the ground is no longer frozen in the mornings, but then your little poem made me miss it a little . . . ;) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 13 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you have ignited all five senses in this short write; a frozen preservation in this silent but golden moment alone with your thoughts.

Posted 13 Years Ago


chloe, this is beautifully invigorting, your words flow straight to the heart and create a breathtaking vision written in essence, beautiful imaginative, mind expanding, graceful, liberating, one can feel the freeing
feeling only overshadowed by the peace of heart experienced while walking alone yet toward winter's ever waiting embrace, and what cold soothes the heart except by numbness, brillianly thought, lovely.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like alot of your writes both the wordy ones and shorter ones liek this. I like them not because of how much time it takes to read them but because of the power of the mind that made them. You are fantastic.

Dave

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very minimalist. Singular words as poetry creates an image based on our interpretations of each word. Those golden days are much missed; nice poem my friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautiful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So few words. so much impact. A wonderful moment in a day. You are blessed. my life is so filled with activity and others that I have very little "solitude, repose, tranquility, serenity, or peace" from my environment. I have to breathe deep and search within myself for strength many times a day. I love this piece. Thank you for sharing this inspirational moment.
papaed

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That's awesome! Reading the work of others inspired me to try to cut out words as well at times. I still tend to be somewhat wordy.

I like the simple elegance of this piece. They were right! You don't need a 300 page manual to explain how to tie your shoes.

I really like your choice of subject material. There is much to be said about a simple walk through Creation on a brisk, winter day!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know, sometimes I see you on in the morning--very early--and I am just going to sleep. I often picture you going out in the earling morning cold. Reading your lovely poem let me see you in my mind demonstrating just that--but with the Chloe flair! I feel the positive tones in your poem, I see you are alone but ..... "repose tranquility serenity peace breathe" ....lets me see your inner self. Your stunning poem brings beauty and peacefulness to me through your words!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I want all my solitary walks to be serene tranquil where I am at peace with myself like this.There are so many when you wander lonely through a crowd and stare at life passing by insensitive to the storm within swallowing back the pain.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good write . great flow and word usage/!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2083 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on February 29, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..