Crucible

Crucible

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Reading through old writings saw this and it is the reviews you should read. Many great ones and so many old friends no longer writing here. it was in defense of a review a friend got

"

So, you've come here to crucify me with your words for my words , thoughts, feelings that I write here with all the heart and soul inside me. Words that say, use me, write me, please, me.
Thoughts that say tell me, let them see me. Feelings that say release me, set me free.

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.You say there is no rhythm, YOU have no rhythm..  perhaps it flows backward like the old timers said the mighty Mississip' flowed after the great earthquake on the New Madrid Fault.

You say there is no rhythm. So maybe I don't dance that well or to the same tune as you do besides that, I'm white.Know fact, we have little rhythm...

Oh, and the structure, bad. built this with my own two hands and I don't really want to tear it down for you. Thank you very much.

 So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I will tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.

MY Words, MY Thoughts , My Feelings, and perhaps if they should be deemed worthy of being featured by whoever it is that deems such, I will say Bravo for me , and to you I will say,"Thank you for the review, thanks very much, but I think I will write it, do it my way."

All grammatical and misspelled words you see are welcomed.




I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like. Some of the writers on this site are young, just getting their feet wet. Still they want to write and have something to say. The writing is a form of release and much better than drugs or alcohol or anything in that vein. I have see some reviews of theirs..cruel reviews. I would imagine many of the younger writers give up when all they needed, need is a bit of encouragement and a few tips, maybe by email as younger people are more sensitive usually.
 And the thing that helps most is reading the fine poetry and stories by the many talented writers here at the Cafe.

Peace and Love

Chloe
 

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i think i said it all above in the rambling speech ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I guess you meant this as a rant, but if you just take the first part, down to "do it my way" possibly with the "All grammatical... " as a tag line, it makes for a brilliant esistentialist piece! So much passion! And humor! I loved the part about the river flowing backward... I'm putting it my favorites!

Oh, and P.S., it's RHYTHM not rythm (LOL) - I can't help it, I was an English teacher for a while... I correct strangers on busses!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

nice one chloe, think i'll keep this as a fav in case i ever need to share it with a guilty reviewer! you're absolutely right. I've read some pretty nasty reviews also. My favorite is when you get someone who doesn't like erotica lambasting an erotica story for having sexual content. Seriously?! There's always something good to find in a write, always something good to comment on. Like this one of yours, it tells me you're a protective, compassionate person and I'm happy to support your writing because of it. Thanks for the write Chloe!

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Why do people Do it Chloe?

Thank you for saying what you have...

If they don't like what they're reading and can't say anything constructive why don't they just go away and sit in a corner or try writing something better.

Good on yer

ray

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Chloe I like this. Everyone needs to remember that the things people write on here are their own thoughts and views,and that they need to handle what they put down because what ever they write will be either bashing that persons feelings or lifting them up. Like with my stories i have worked long and hard and i know they are not the best but at the present time the best i can do.I think if I had been told first thing that my writing sucked I would have never written again.Thank you Chloe!!!

Lisa

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Thanks Chloe for writing this. I was a victim to a harsh review. I was happy to receive the critique and called them on it, but definitely did not deserve the rudeness. This piece really sums it up, and I hope everyone reads it. Critiques should always have suggestions. This should be a rule, in my opinion. We are all here to help each other, not bash one another, and I thank everyone who has helped me along the way. I'm still new to writing and need all the help I can get. You really addressed this subject in a sophisticated manner. It was wonderfully written. Fantastic!

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

well you really hit the nail on the head. there are some people out there that write such harsh reviews. i know that writing needs to be critiqued but there is no need for rudness!! we are all here to become better writers not to be discouraged. great work on this chloe!! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Boy! This put the cat among the pigeons!!! Good for you Chloe, love you for writing this...about time someone did. There's no need for rudeness. I got a really nasty review from some Indian guy whose avatar was sideways HA!! I love someone picking my work to pieces, but again...no need to be crass about it, that just shows lack of breeding.

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

Good for you! This site, I have noticed, is composed of more critical writers than my alternative site, My Space. Some of the reviewera are more like "Simon " from American Idol.
I welcome critique is it is instructive and well meant. However, being mean spirited is neither instructive or helpful... I just thank people for reviewing me. As someone once said..(paraphrasing) that a bad review is better than no review. At least I know I am being read. lol.

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

hey.. direct me to the b*****d that gave u that rude review! i'm serious! send me a mesage chica

i got a similar one by some guy here.. .he has no pems posted and according to his commetns he was only here to give bad reviews and try and put people down... mayb its the same person...

send me a message chica... i;'m dying to see who this son-of-a-b***h is...

on the other hand... i LOVED this line:

"So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I wil tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.
MY Words, MYThoughts, My Feelings,"

awesome rant ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Amen sister. : ) I think it is always important to remember 'trust half of what you see, and a quartor of what you hear' on all counts.... this saying to protect and strengthen the heart, the mind... it's important to see where people are comming from, and to also know where you are comming from.. but most important not to give up on yourself on doing positively what you enjoy to do... inspiration comes from a myriad of places.. and emotions/feelings are some of the greatest tools to draw with. : ) ; ) Just like this lovely piece you have just written. : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1577 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..