Crucible

Crucible

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Reading through old writings saw this and it is the reviews you should read. Many great ones and so many old friends no longer writing here. it was in defense of a review a friend got

"

So, you've come here to crucify me with your words for my words , thoughts, feelings that I write here with all the heart and soul inside me. Words that say, use me, write me, please, me.
Thoughts that say tell me, let them see me. Feelings that say release me, set me free.

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.You say there is no rhythm, YOU have no rhythm..  perhaps it flows backward like the old timers said the mighty Mississip' flowed after the great earthquake on the New Madrid Fault.

You say there is no rhythm. So maybe I don't dance that well or to the same tune as you do besides that, I'm white.Know fact, we have little rhythm...

Oh, and the structure, bad. built this with my own two hands and I don't really want to tear it down for you. Thank you very much.

 So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I will tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.

MY Words, MY Thoughts , My Feelings, and perhaps if they should be deemed worthy of being featured by whoever it is that deems such, I will say Bravo for me , and to you I will say,"Thank you for the review, thanks very much, but I think I will write it, do it my way."

All grammatical and misspelled words you see are welcomed.




I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like. Some of the writers on this site are young, just getting their feet wet. Still they want to write and have something to say. The writing is a form of release and much better than drugs or alcohol or anything in that vein. I have see some reviews of theirs..cruel reviews. I would imagine many of the younger writers give up when all they needed, need is a bit of encouragement and a few tips, maybe by email as younger people are more sensitive usually.
 And the thing that helps most is reading the fine poetry and stories by the many talented writers here at the Cafe.

Peace and Love

Chloe
 

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i think i said it all above in the rambling speech ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeah, I agree--definitely--with what you are saying. An artist should be able to express himself/herself whichever way he/she chooses, but I think a lot of times people confuse expression with technique, i.e. sometimes when someone criticises your technique, you think that they are disrespecting what you're trying to say and that's not it at all, or vice versa, when someone flames you because he/she does not like what you are saying, not because you aren't good. I think expression and technique are two different things; one must realise that to know what we encourage is expression ("I can feel your voice--good job") and what we criticise is technique ("The flow might be a little off").

Of course people are harsh, or maybe too honest. We could benefit from being kinder. I know I could. But I hope that I for one haven't criticised without reason, FLAMED without explaining why I felt it was below par (or whatever the expression is, as below par is actually very good).

In any case. Those are my...twenty cents.

Jake

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Nelly down there, is absolutely right... Fo sho. lol But anyway, yea that's sad. Just ignore the soulless b******s!
Some people just feel good making others feel mediocre. I don't understand that. You said yourself that you never claimed to be a spectacular writer... Why then, do they insist on pushing your face in the dirt? People like that just SUCK. Do whatever makes you happy. If they don't like it- they can EAT S**T! By the way, I liked the intensity of what you wrote and especially when you made a reference to the Madrid Fault. You sure sound like a knowledgeable lass!

Keep doing whatever you feel like doing, as long as it's done with integrity and honesty. **smiles**
-Amy Lou-

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

*claps* verrrrrry nice.. u feel betta u got that off ya chest? LOL but seriously, ive seen many hateful reviews, luckiliy, *knockin on wood* i havent received any myself. but i have seen sum.. im glad u put this out thurr!!! lets seem em tell u that uwrong now! nice job

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

i agree 100 percent. some peple are just here to knock us down. but you are a great writer. love ya hun! and thanks, for everything.

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 10 people found this review constructive.

I have to agree you are a good writter so don't sale yourself short . WE all haven't something to say in many diffrents ways. And if we don't agree it is ok,,just keep it to yourself that bring no shame to you are them . Love starts with saying nothing when nothing need to be said. I really think allots of you and your kindness , wish more people would learn from you,, GBU,,RodneyRay

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Chloe,

We go through life with lines, traffic lights and directions telling us where to go, what to do and how fast to do it. A lot of people need that rythm and ryhme because we exist in a world of templates and straying from them makes us uncomfortable. Sometimes knocking someone off their beaten path is enlightening, and for others...it's threatening.

Sadly...I am a slave to the rythm and the ryhme when writing but am not threatened or stiffled when reading it.

Take stock that a different writing style is enlightening and pitty those threatened by it.

15,000 points to you!!! (not that my points count for anything)

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Just for the record: I think you're a wonderful writer, Chloe! Your work and thoughts inspire me - thank you for that!

Also, it is true that writing, no matter in what form, is a wonderful release.

They can critic the bones of it, but can't deny the feeling within it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Chloe, don't let the b******s grind you down. I have an idea. Wait and see. Revenge will be sweet on all those s***s that are unable to provide constructive critisism - unless I get ripped to pieces for doing it.....
xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for speaking out and trying to encourage others to keep a positive and critical eye. Criticism should be welcomed, but constructive and influential. I've taught some workshops to high school students who would be considered non writers, but with some encouragement, a positive spin could be put on it! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I found some time to read this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.

Yes, You are a writer! You have beautiful work, I enjoy reading it very much.
I agree you with you completely on this piece. I come here to share and read, and yes even learn. I enjoy getting feedback and constructive criticism, it only helps me improve as a writer. However what you are describing here is just awful. I would hope that everyone understands that we all have different styles of writing and that does not make it bad. Thank you Chloe for posting this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1583 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..