The Bottle

The Bottle

A Poem by Paul Bell

Right I want you to put all your negative thoughts into a bottle.

What sort of bottle.

Doesn’t matter what sort.

Vodka bottle do.

Jesus, yes.

Okay I’ve ran out of room.

You’re so predictable.

Just like you last night, standards are dropping.

That’s because I knew you were coming for a session today.

Think how I feel, all my thoughts in a bottle of Vodka.

Maybe I should hypnotise you.

How do I know you won’t interfere with me, you read about these things.

Take my word for it, I’m going to send you to sleep, then I’m going to join you.

How does that help me if we’re both asleep, you got a bit of telepathy going on here.

Yes, I’m going to put you into a trance, see if we can find you another guy.

What sort of guy are we talking about, I mean, I’ve already hit rock bottom with you.

Well in that case, we should be able to fix you up quite quickly.

I don’t know, what if he doesn’t understand my quirky sense of humour.

He’ll dump you then.

What, can he do that, just discard me, and me a broken woman already.

Afraid so, but then you can find another guy, and another.

My God, I’ll be the talk of the town, my bottle will be overflowing.

Just relax, breathe in, breathe out, stop doing that.

Doing what.

You’re thrusting your chest out, do you know what sort of guy that’ll attract.

Someone like you.

You don’t want to attract someone like me, you want someone dynamic, someone who’ll take you away from all this.

Have you got someone in mind.

Yes, I was talking to this nice chap in the Asylum today.

Why is he in the Asylum.

He killed a snail.

My God, they put you in the Asylum for that.

No, he’s in for using a flamethrower.

What’s the snail got to do with it.

That was the trigger point.

So what happens if I upset him and it triggers something and he goes mad.

It won’t, I told him to put all his negative thoughts into your bottle.

© 2017 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it very much! Nice writing! It is very confusing, though. I don't think I really understood, but maybe that was exactly your point.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

He was her randy therapist. lol
Another twisted masterpiece! I don't know where you get these ideas, Paul, but I love them. Thank you for the satirical laugh!

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Iron Horseman

7 Years Ago

Are there such things as 'normal people'? :)
Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Bound to be some kicking around. Luckily i don't know them.
The Iron Horseman

7 Years Ago

lol! Me neither!
My kind of poetry. Story and amazing tale in the poetry.
"So what happens if I upset him and it triggers something and he goes mad.
It won’t, I told him to put all his negative thoughts into your bottle."
I liked the above lines. I like the ideal of putting our anger in a bottle. Thank you Paul for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

I think in away, we all the emergency bottle.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right my friend.
Aloha Paul, lol...that was awesome. You're awesome at these funny sketches. Really enjoyed that, a little bottled wisdom. Izzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

You want to be that girl. lol
Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Lol... shhh don't tell
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
LOL.

So basically I only drink to solve my problems.... sounds about right.

Posted 7 Years Ago


BBP

7 Years Ago

yeah exactly, and don't even have to worry about wearing makeup anymore!
Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

I would send you some. Now that i'm away with your sister. lol
BBP

7 Years Ago

LOL! D****t I knew it!
'He killed a snail.
My God, they put you in the Asylum for that.
No, he’s in .. .. '

Part frowned, part smiled and.. part wondered at the growing decadence in this quite odd post. Your delivery lures because it doesn't warn which way it's heading;. It makes me smile, even laugh once because i sense tongue in cheek delivery. As to the 'wonder bit, well - that began at start, at end and all through.

There's a sense of the higher plane, almost canned, almost fizzy anticipation at the reader's reaction here!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Think we need a bit of hilarity after today.
i think i'll take a shot of that vodka...or maybe what's inside...
but then, i am already mad.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Only way to be Jacob. Bottle on the way.
"Right I want you to put all your negative thoughts into a bottle./ What sort of bottle./ Doesn’t matter what sort./ Vodka bottle do." ...
it is a very sad poem... can see the despair... (hopelessness? - hope not! )

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

I suppose it is a bit dark. Though i did try and inject some humour into it.
angelina neves

7 Years Ago

you did! But... as i know some dear friends that "put the negative thoughts into a bottle"... i feel.. read more
If you ran out of room in the 6th line, where did the rest of those negative thoughts go? Must of had a few extra vodka bottles! Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Maybe more than a few.
That's some serious plot twist right there. I agree 100% on putting people on asylums for stepping on snails though. And ladybugs. I did a lecture to some people once about it and they were looking at me like I was crazy. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so persistent on asking them to always look down the road after the rain and when the spring arrived. Well guess who's going to the asylum and who's not. I'm getting off topic now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

My god, i'm running towards you wearing my white coat. You are a candidate. You'll like the funny fa.. read more
Marina

7 Years Ago

You can run alright just make sure you don't step on snails/ladybugs. I'll get angry.
Any be.. read more
Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Ok white coat guys with wine on the way.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2017
Last Updated on March 19, 2017

Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..