5

5

A Chapter by Paul Bell

Don Gabrina listened intently. He had read the dossier.

But wanted to gauge the information in person.

You had him followed twice, and twice you lost him.

Yes Sir. I had my best man on him. He gave him the runaround before losing him. I then put three men on him. The same thing. We’re talking about a professional here.

You also say, that in a three month period he wasn’t sitting at his usual spot on three occasions.

Yes Sir. On the first week, he disappeared for three days. The fifth week, two days. He arrived back three days ago. If he left the country. It wasn’t through the usual channels. I can go higher, and do further checks.

No, what you’ve done will suffice. I would like to thank you for your time and your endeavor. You will be rewarded.

Don Gabrina was a logical man. What he was thinking he was sure, wasn’t absurd. He had the dates. All he needed now, was to put those dates to world events.

He sent his bodyguard out to buy foreign newspapers.



© 2019 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, well, I am with the others. That is one humdinger of a cliff hanger. I am dying for more. But I understand the pain of the muse just dumping you. Hopefully she will relent and we'll all get to see how this ends.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Oh yeah I forgot that I am waiting on the plot to bloom.

Posted 4 Years Ago


You ended this chapter with a size 22 font guestion mark.
I hope your in the mood for creating I'mready for chapter 6. :)
your story has plenty of players and action, a well crafted tale.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Paul Bell

4 Years Ago

Yeah this was the 5th chapter.
At some point I'm going to get off my butt and write something.. read more
Cherrie Palmer

4 Years Ago

I understand I had a character stuck in an alley for over 6 months. The longer I left him there the.. read more
You left me in big suspense!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Left me in suspense too. lol
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

Muse can do that to you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2019


Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell