A Midnight's Walk

A Midnight's Walk

A Poem by Pauline Marie Daley
"

Just a little ditty that I wrote when a friend and I were playing improv poetry.

"

Walking up a moonlit path, amidst a darkened sky,

Watching as the birds gently sleep, and the fireflies brightly fly.

Resting for a moment, on a stump of wood,

Staring at the stars above,  I suddenly understood,

That I was so small, in a world so vast and wide.

And only a loving God could let me here reside.

Because I am undeserving of a gift so high,

 

Of the stars so bright, the sleeping birds, and the fireflies that fly.

 

         by Pauline Marie Daley

                July 28th, 2008

© 2008 Pauline Marie Daley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderfully written...love impromptu writes that spurs the imagination. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just one word "Enchanting"

Posted 12 Years Ago


The title drew me to this one. But I have just read NO MORE PAIN and of the two I think that one is far stronger, at least of the two that is the one bossing my mind. The title of the other poem just makes me wonder: if there is no more pain is there also no more pleasure? This no-pain-no-pleasure view of life was Marcus Aurelius' view of things. And is the brick work to keep in or to keep out? That poem makes the reader work more than this one I think. Just one view of course.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think it's so cool you wrote this excellent piece just walking with a friend. I would walk with this friend more often. lol. I loved this. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good work, I like how you don't trip up if you speak it aloud. Good Rhythm! I like it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


o mah gooness thass the dankest thang i eer read gurl!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice work, it flows much like something by William Butler Yeats. Well, it has that feel to it. Often shorter works are panned by people "wanting more" I like the room the give us to make them our own.

Simply wonderful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


That it a very beautiful poem........ I could almost feel the night air and see everything you so elegantly describe. Flows wonderfully ... and I love how the end swings back around from the beginning. Awsome!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is amazing. I love the way that you develop your metephors into rhymes that come across so well. This piece is not contrived in any way whatsoever. I particularly love the way that you begin with "Walking up a moonlit path, amidst a darkened sky." That is very touching.

I also love the way that you have chosen to end this piece. Wow!

Frank

Posted 15 Years Ago


A very peaseful poem. If I can suggest something. Change world to universe would make the poem stronger I think. Only a opinion

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2008
Last Updated on July 28, 2008

Author

Pauline Marie Daley
Pauline Marie Daley

About
What about me? I havent been around the site much but i miss getting everyone's great review, ideas and suggestions. Writing is an amazing emotional outlet that has helped me through some pretty rough.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..