Kill Quill Drill

Kill Quill Drill

A Story by Pax Analog
"

Short parable.

"


I had to kill the guy who perpetually mourned the stupidity of his interfaces, then cremate him, 'cause he was already like dragging a corpse around in my psyche before I killed him. Dead tiresome.


He wouldn't stop painting turds as if they were Easter eggs.


I'm not now magically thrilled, but feel sounder. Bedrock-esque. Whatever that means.


Now I paint hand grenades as if they are Easter eggs.


Meanwhile, I shake hands, a hand comes off, sex an evaporating ghost, watch another "love" tag disappear, and realize there's still nobody home anywhere for me.


I killed the whine of mine but only brine remains.


So it goes. Perhaps the wind is my friend.


No -- banished from banal simulations, I am the wind whirled, vanishing.



© 2012 Pax Analog


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is an amazing write. Like Midas, where everything turned to gold and was therefore inaccessible, you seem to have a "knack" for isolating yourself. This is a landmine for a psychologist, and you have the grenades in your hand, painted in pastels...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Like a mote midst the infinite, eh? Your words are strikingly perceptive! When one feels the roil of.. read more



Reviews

I like this, as a parable or poetry, it has a nice flow. I do have to wonder, however, why the optimist you've so callously murdered and cremated "mourned the stupidity of his interfaces"...does he wish to bring the stupidity back to life? Is that why he was killed in the first place?

And, I suppose the reason I chose to call him the optimist is because of that second verse..."painting turds as if they were Easter eggs"...*laugh*...there's some imagery ;-)

Ah, an unreliable narrator; one of my favorite ploys. Of course you know what "Bedrock-esque" means...so do we. Clever boy.

So the optimist is dead and in his place you have stationed the troops? Color-coating your grenade, pulling the pin with your teeth, tossing it at your enemy, and watching the pretty colors explode? As a writer, this is one of my favorite weapons in the arsenal; yours too? ;-) Well done.

Hands, sex, love..."and realize there's still nobody home anywhere for me." This oasis of clarity in an otherwise positive-thoughts-fogged mine field is probably what drove you to kill that "dead tiresome" optimist in the first place.

I rather like the brine...it's the most interesting part of the inside of a pickle jar, as far as my taste is concerned ;-)

*sigh* The ending is...well...the ending. A quick last ditch hope at resuscitating that optimist...but no. No.

You have a great talent, and I am so pleased you've shared it with me; with all of us...Godspeed for a full recovery for your friend (tragic...I am so sorry) and I look forward to reading you further...it's a privilege.

-kimmer

Posted 11 Years Ago


KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

And thank you, sir, for the thoughtful reply. I enjoyed it nearly as much as the parable ;-)
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

You're so welcome! If you have this much to say over a little Spirit bonbon, I'm staggered to think .. read more
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

I will most assuredly check them out! (wow, look at that...you've got me using exclamation points *l.. read more
If it's okay, I will say your words are intimidating to me because behind them lies an intellect that I would be so stoked to possess. Your words make me want to ponder but yet pick your brain. This is one of those pieces.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Fine words! Well it's a matter of what one reads, knowing what to read, pattern recognition of core .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
A truly stunning word mastery. A sincere congratulations.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, this is an amazing write. Like Midas, where everything turned to gold and was therefore inaccessible, you seem to have a "knack" for isolating yourself. This is a landmine for a psychologist, and you have the grenades in your hand, painted in pastels...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Like a mote midst the infinite, eh? Your words are strikingly perceptive! When one feels the roil of.. read more
Well this is certainly unique and interesting. Poetic stories seem so effortless... this one flows so well. The words you use, beings the reader in to understand everything. This line is different and stands out with creativity:
"Now I paint hand grenades as if they are Easter eggs."
I like this part here:
"Meanwhile, I shake hands, a hand comes off, sex an evaporating ghost, watch another "love" tag disappear, and realize there's still nobody home anywhere for me."
The bit of rhyming words in this write, nice and flows well:
"I killed the whine of mine but only brine remains."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your comments! This is a short parable that would fit nicely in the anthology Imperial Me.. read more
C'mon, this is poetry. I sincerely enjoyed it: a fun little jaunt into a wicked-smart, slightly warped mind. But... it ain't a story. It's poetry! Own it and keep it up. : )

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Thanks! It's a short parable, a la Imperial Messages. The parable form is a poetics of narrative. Ye.. read more
i love this ~ i find your writings, intriguing, very profound. " I had to kill the guy who perpetually mourned the stupidity of his interfaces, then cremate him, 'cause he was already like dragging a corpse around in my psyche before I killed him. Dead tiresome." - lures you in, your words, imagery, flow, weaves a poetic, web that's hard to escape. very powerful write. i very much enjoyed reading this!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I've got several stylistic emphases, short & long form. All are about intense essentiality, .. read more
I could hear GnR's "I use to love her" playing in the background :-) I need to check out your music. My favourite line- " So it goes. Perhaps the wind is my friend."


Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your interesting comments! I'll check out your stuff shortly.
He wouldn't stop painting turds as if they were Easter eggs.

OMFG..must use this as a status line some day. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Painting Easter egg hand grenades is more fun! :D
Muse

11 Years Ago

lets practice on water balloons?
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Well aw-righty then! Who shall we throw 'em at?
This reminded me of Henry Millers work, who is a favorite of mine in his way of writing something intense or beautiful about the ups and downs of interacting with other humans, or with the wind.. or with the visions of sidewalks and dogs walking on them. Who knows. Who even cares.. I just like reading his words as I enjoyed this, If I believed it was important, I would tell you that you need to be published. The only reason I think it is important for you, actually, is for the sake of others and their enjoyment from reading words from a gifted writer and brilliant mind.
It's amazing how I can say that to someone where only reading his poetry placed me still not knowing if it is 100%..
But I feel also like I am picking up what you're puttin down and where it takes me is beyond the normal vision and I enjoy it there a lot.
I'm not trying to praise the s**t out of you for no reason.. I just like the way that you write, it is very refreshing.
Anyway, about this poem.

Now I paint hand grenades as if they are Easter eggs.
(This is rad after already mentioning these weird easter eggs you're speaking of.. it's a crazy thought, whatever it is youre on about.. it's understandable through the twisting of your words and thoughts in the poem though.. very interesting. Like the poet is a madman indeed.)

Meanwhile, I shake hands, a hand comes off, sex an evaporating ghost, watch another "love" tag disappear, and realize there's still nobody home anywhere for me.
(this is really sad as it flows in to the next line that seems to catch itself, you know, "I killed the whine of mine but only brine remains" I like the flow of that. How "remains" cuts of the "whine, mine and brine" rhymes by switching the flip of the tongue.. and on to the next beautiful line "So it goes. Perhaps the wind is my friend." It seems hopeful in a hopeless city of empty streets and buzzing streetlamps outside the dark home of this so-I-called- madman, but more, it is metaphor, and when realizing that, it makes your words so deep and inspiring to me, I wish I could say more
The last line is excellent as well. Very well written, friend. I had an excellent time reviewing it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Wow -- you certainly dug deep! This a piece of parabolic concision; I went through a mini-cycle of r.. read more
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Correction: This IS a piece of parabolic concision. . .

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

949 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012
Tags: kill, quill, drill, parable

Author

Pax Analog
Pax Analog

About
SONG UPDATE: Site links and thus playlist expiring, so if they don't work please connect to www.soundclick.com/peacewilson for music tracks corresponding to lyric poems here. [The songs below on th.. more..

Writing
H[om]e H[om]e

A Poem by Pax Analog


Big Play Big Play

A Poem by Pax Analog



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bonfires Bonfires

A Poem by KeeD


In A Time In A Time

A Poem by Frieda P


One Way One Way

A Poem by John Stussy


The Journey... The Journey...

A Poem by N!LoC