Here

Here

A Poem by Pax Analog
"

Lyric to multitrack whole song in the playlist player on profile pg.; theme is Spirit 'midst the networking brouhaha.

"

Several billion conversations,
sex and money through the wires
Howls of love and indignation
on this slo-mo funeral pyre
 
Here, touching when we can
only Heart can stand
as the Promised Land
Here
 
Hear the random noisy city,
lick your honey in the hive
Marvel in the flesh, cool kitty,
what it is to be Alive
 
Here. . .
 
War of words between we phantoms,
me-me-meing la-la-la
Fritter folly is for bantams,
ain’t no path to Shangri-La
 
Here. . .
 
Buzz of heightened recognition
of your face before you’re born
The Condition of conditions
of mortality is shorn
 
Here. . .
 
 

© 2008 Pax Analog


Author's Note

Pax Analog
WHOLE SONG in playlist player; 1-2 of read/listen is appreciated, and worth your while.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great work Pax! I think is this wonderful, no bs here. Love the voice, sound and everything!!

"Here, touching when we can
only Heart can stand
as the Promised Land
Here

Hear the random noisy city,
lick your honey in the hive
Marvel in the flesh, cool kitty,
what it is to be Alive

Here. . ."



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a true lyrical piece...thanks for sharing!

vincent
www.aegauthorblogs.com

Posted 13 Years Ago


your world strings ~ your word plays are exotic fare~ to be certain that relate the human/world condition with surreal and captivating flair!~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this is great.. I didn't get to listen to the song because unfortunately my sound card is not working on the laptop. I really like this...I could hear the "hive" and all those binary conversations sent shooting through the fiber optic nerves of the world as we know it. I could hear the connections that more and more of us are getting in the nospace of cyberspace...I wonder what the long term effects of this is going to be on society in the future...so many hours spent plugged into an artificial reality. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is provoking in more ways than thought. Within the lines I found not only emotion, but also a witty sense of banter that I'd be quite happy to find in someone who I could chat with over coffee. You have a great poetic voice my friend!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it seems to me that very man worthy poets have said some wonderful things about this piece of work, I tend to agree with them

Posted 14 Years Ago


whence ever I see Promiseland in a poem I think, ech. That means sooooo many different things to different people. To me the promise land is a can of megahold hairspray and a private jet. Still, this piece transcends that blanket term and delivers me another sort of place...

makes me feel cheap and world weary in a good way, mate. cheers.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You can always tell which the difference between a musician who is a poet at heart and who is not by the lyrics in the song. You my friend are a poet at heart and that's what makes your music different from the dribble they play on the radio nowadays.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Howls of love and indignationon this slo-mo funeral pyre
Lovvvvvveeee this and I love the song...great write man!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like the first verse and like the image of licking the money. 'Hear the random noisy city' makes me think, firstly that I am not part of it, though of course I am, and then that I hate the pettiness of it, while at the same time enjoying the energy and vim of it all. Yes, there is a monumenal waste of billions of words, but at the same time there is something exciting about the notion of so many creative spirits gathered together wording away. Surely one or two grand talents will emerge from this swamp at some point.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, yes, you are quite talented. I haven't listen to the playlist yet, but if the wrods are any indication its fabulous. I often like to pick out the line that speaks to me most in a piece, but this whole thing is jabbering at me. Love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2119 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 21, 2008

Author

Pax Analog
Pax Analog

About
SONG UPDATE: Site links and thus playlist expiring, so if they don't work please connect to www.soundclick.com/peacewilson for music tracks corresponding to lyric poems here. [The songs below on th.. more..

Writing
H[om]e H[om]e

A Poem by Pax Analog


Big Play Big Play

A Poem by Pax Analog



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..