Death Is Happiness

Death Is Happiness

A Story by Lonely Islander
"

No description available.Just had to let it out.

"

Death Is Happiness

I woke up to the sound of a gunshot. You would think I should be terrified, but no- this was too usual. I stretched and slowly removed the dirty rags which I called 'sheets'. Slowly getting up, I wondered who it was this time? I walked over to the window, opening it only to feel the hot June air hit my face. The sun dazzled my eyes so I stepped back. My sight adjusted to the light in a few moments so i looked down. 

 

There he was, Mr. Jacobs, his lifeless body lying in the middle of the street, a few people gathering around him. His tan skin was now pale as snow, a dark red liquid slowly oozing from from his chest. In a few minutes I saw his wife rushing towards him, her tear strained face was an awful sight. Kneeling down, she took her head in her lap as she started bawling her eyes out. Beside her i noticed the little figure- his son. His eyes were wide as he stared at lifeless body of his father. He was too young to understand that the man who shielded him from every danger was now no more. I smiled for Mr.Jacobs. He was in peace which a good man like him deserved and no this is not a religious person saying, this is a person who has faced reality saying.

 

I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I took a look around before stripping of my clothes, making sure there were no cameras. I let the cold water pour down my body as I stared blankly at the shower hose. Sometimes I wonder if blood would come out of those tiny holes. After all, where does the blood of those human beings who are being killed everyday go?

 

I put on a hoodie and hit the streets. I hadn't walked even for a few minutes when I started sweating. I cursed the heat but it is  a way of nature. Just like death once was. But now man has snatched this way from nature and now we decide who dies everyday.

 

From the corner of my eye, I see a man staring at me. I caught a glimpse of his face. He had quite handsome features but no I didn't blush. I didn't feel the butterflies. I just wondered if I was going to be raped tonight.

 

So tell me, what is this place we live in? Everyday we do good deeds so that we do not have to go to hell but is this place any better? This is a world where brothers kill brothers, where life is as vulnerable as glass, where a girl cannot cannot go out with the assurance that she will be safe, where no one can guarantee a child that he can live a happy wholesome life with his parents. This is a world where everyone runs after money, where there is no difference between a man and a dog. And the saddest part is we are the only ones responsible for this. 

 

Now when i see a murder, i simply smile. Call me crazy, but I feel death is happiness.

 

© 2012 Lonely Islander


Author's Note

Lonely Islander
This was in my previous account but i posted it again. I am tired of all the crime going on all over the world so just had to write something about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Money is everything nowadays and it really sucks because then we have everyone committing some kind of crime that usually is caused by greed of money. I like how you put it in perspective of seeing the world as it is and clearly stating its problems.
Very nice job, I enjoyed reading. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lonely Islander

11 Years Ago

Im really glad you liked it...thank you for your kind words:-):-):-D.
This is really... how do I put it... It exposes the corrupt features of the world so clearly and obviously, convincing people how living is suffering and... shallow? Sorry I'm not so good with words but I enjoyed reading your piece ^^ Emotions and description of the worldly actions and events were good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lonely Islander

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much...glad you enjoyed it:-):-):-D.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
Money seems to be everything now, and i see that very clear in the world we live in... in some point i agree with dead is happiness maybe i guess it depends on the situation... for if you die of old age and content of what you achieved then you die in peace..then i could say death in peace... but if you kill yourself or had an accident or you've been murdered.. then that is death in tragic end so i say there is no happiness there... just wondering soul with unfinished business roaming around unseen...

this is awesome and very thought-provoking...
great job my friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lonely Islander

11 Years Ago

You're right, it does depend....actually when i wrote this i was going through a really tough and in.. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

no problemo my friend... well we all do have it in life, we all go through with it... its just a mat.. read more
Lonely Islander

11 Years Ago

Yeah...thanks again:-):-):-D.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 16, 2012
Tags: Death, happiness, crime, humanity, wrong

Author

Lonely Islander
Lonely Islander

Wonderland



About
Hey guys,this is my other account. I closed my previous account (Hidden Happiness) and opened this one so it might have some of the writings from that account. Writing means a lot to me, more than I .. more..

Writing