Braided Beauty

Braided Beauty

A Poem by Peder Andersson
"

A fairy tale inspired piece of poetry.

"
Braided Beauty

Braided beauty, princess of many smiles. A statue of divination among the commoners, a image adorning the walls of many humble shrines, sealed inside many divine charms.

A old tale says that the sun and moon both wanted to look upon her all day and for a time the two gods could be seen side by side looking down at the princess of many smiles. But in time both grew jealous and tried to push each other from their seat above the world. When the braided beauty saw this she separated them: Created day as the time when the sun was allowed to look at her. Created night as the time when the moon was allowed to look at her.

Braided beauty, princess of many smiles. A grace envied by the commoners, searched for by dancers, studied by many and taught to ladies.

A old tale says that the wind fairy once saw the princess of many smiles dance and became so jealous so that she in her attempt to mimic the dance caused a storm in Caerum. The fairy of water also saw the dance and in her attempt to mimic the braided beauty she flooded Flaria. Fairy Cascana, Queen of all faeries also tried to mimic the graceful dance and caused the third pillar of the world to collapse. Mother who saw all the disasters this envy had caused forbid the princess of many smiles to ever dance again.

Braided beauty, princess of many smiles. A source of prosperity for the commoners, her wisdom and knowledge sought by many, both foreigners and those near.

A old tale says that during the great famine of Shiren the princess of many smiles herself promised to feed the people of Laaran. The braided beauty toiled in the soil of her garden; planted seeds with her own sweat as the only liquid to aid them in growing. The people saw how hard she worked for them and realised that it was their sweat intended to rejuvenate the land and not that of the braided beauty.

Braided beauty, princess of many smiles. A statue of divination that separated night and day. A grace forbidden to dance for her easy steps are envied. A source of prosperity for her wisdom made others see their place.

© 2010 Peder Andersson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 30, 2010
Tags: peder, andersson, braided, beauty, fantasy, poem

Author

Peder Andersson
Peder Andersson

Sweden



About
My name is Peder I am a 24 years old author, student, nurse from Sweden. more..