An Honest Man

An Honest Man

A Poem by Pen Draggin'

You are looking into the pride of a fool
                              said the campaigning Lion
                                                   in passing.

© 2010 Pen Draggin'


Author's Note

Pen Draggin'
When I wrote this I was pondering human nature, our interactions and misuse of one another, in its relation to the animal kingdom. I think I realize a little more everyday how very animalistic humans are, especially in myself. With this piece, however, I specifically had politics in mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this, the sort of words that will ring about in my head for ages, gaining new meaning all the time. well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
i know my interpretation of this may be a bit odd, but
as i read this i felt myself admiring my foolish refelection
of self worth-and behind me it seemed that the Lion
passing by was about to snuff out my arrogent pride...
(then again i've never been accused of being intuitive.)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a fantastic write!
My interpretation. Title: “An Honest Man”-- an honest politician or a politician who can’t get elected because their honest.

Since the poem uses the word “campaigning” it would appear the election isn’t over yet-- but the election is nearly over and the outcome will be that he will lose. You know like during an election based upon the votes a campaigner will know the outcome before the election is officially over. With his statement “you are looking into the pride of a fool” he’s stating he lost because he’s an honest politician. His honest campaign being “the pride of a fool”.

So what you have here is a campaigner looking over his failed campaign of being truthful and I can see him shaking his head slightly and saying-- perhaps to his campaign crew “you are looking into the pride of a fool”. This politician really is “An Honest Man”.
This is a profound an powerful write. Outstanding craftsmanship.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I saw your title and knew this had to be interesting. Then I read it and was like, "... I need to see this picture." So I clicked it and I still don't get it. Sweet pic, though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You must explain this to me at length....and soon : ) I dig it. I'm actually going to sit here and read it quite a few more times.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010

Author

Pen Draggin'
Pen Draggin'

Portland, OR



About
Hi! I'm Kelsey, I'm 22 years old with a passion for poetry. I write because it is innate and, quite simply, I'm pretty f*****g good at it. I love the rain. I will always belong to the Northwest. I sa.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..