Welcome to Lum

Welcome to Lum

A Chapter by ღCloveღ

Lizzie Merin walked around the plaza. She grinned as she watched the lights from her apartment go off. Matthew must be in bed, she thought. She ran off to her friends store. Her friend, Rhea, was thirteen, so she already had a job as a clerk. She opened the door. "Hi, Rhea" she said. Rhea was a rather large girl. Lots of curves. Lizzie herself was rather skinny, with pale skin and black hair. Rhea smiled at Lizzie. "You need something?" She asked. Lizzie nodded. "I need a bit of milk. A gallon should do" Rhea nodded. "How's little Matty doing." She asked. Lizzie grinned. "Really good." She said. "He hasn't had an episode in days." Rhea grinned. "That's good. Oh, it must be so hard on him, having schizophrenia." She said sympathetically. Lizzie's grin melted a little. "Yeah" she said. "But we're getting through it" she turned around and was greeted by the mayor. "Hello, miss Merin" he said. He held up a hat with papers in it. "I have a job for you" Lizzie reached into the hat. Today was the day. "Please be messenger" she whispered as she grabbed a piece of paper. She opened it.
The paper said:
Messenger

Lizzie grinned at the paper and put it in her pocket. The mayor smiled gently and was congratulating thin air.


© 2014 ღCloveღ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on April 16, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014
Tags: Lights, Lum


Author

ღCloveღ
ღCloveღ

Dixon, IL



About
Hello fellow writers, my name is Jasmine. I'm twelve years old and was adopted from a neglecting couple. Grew up in a small town. Music, art, and writing are my life. I grew up listening to pop an.. more..

Writing