Chromatic

Chromatic

A Poem by Perdition

Out here, on the fossil edges, where we pass the hums and moaning of the iron rails, the early birds settled into song, tripping over the laces of some highway, our faces barely in tune. 

You take a strand with strings burned to gold, you wear the darkness down to its humble, and all that was breath disappears. The light closes, words by word we are stolen, broken with our evolution and may it never recover its choice to be sealed in these wings. Still, somewhere along the stage I stagger to remember Pythagoras, but how can I remember his name when my lungs are free from disregard~

© 2023 Perdition


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We can't forget Eratosthenes who measured the earth for what it was worth and more than the hypotenuse was put to use. (laughing) I loved the descriptions in this piece and how it wandered right off down the rabbit hole of the surrounding galaxy in the final lines. They say there's a black hole at the center of every galaxy where not even light can escape. But I haven't personally met anyone who's been there. There's so much to know and learn and theorize about. It's a thinking person's paradise. Or a body could be like Todd Snider and say, "Stuck between hope and doubt, it's too much to think about." Great write, my friend. Keep the readers reading. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Perdition

1 Year Ago

Hahaha..Well displayed and expounded upon in just about every line of your kind and generous review... read more
Fabian G. Franklin

1 Year Ago

We'll meet outside the space time continuum and carry on from there. I'm hearing Genesis playing Aba.. read more
Fabulous expression here. Pythagoras, what good has he done for me in my life? Precisely none. Same as my Latin, learned ad infinitum. Can’t help feeling more time should have been spent learning stuff of true value to living.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Perdition

1 Year Ago

Well, I struggle from time to there remembering my steps back into the universe of the scale inside .. read more
as usual a rewarding read my friend. laces of some highway is bloody fantastic. jealous me is.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Perdition

1 Year Ago

Caught that did ya? ..lol. Thenks Ken. Loved your piss poem btw!! Couldn't do it justice~ ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2023
Last Updated on February 3, 2023

Author

Perdition
Perdition

VA



About
Two quids from the soul of a clown: Keep writing, otherwise I refer to Mr. Cobain below~ more..

Writing
Emanate Emanate

A Poem by Perdition


Illusion Illusion

A Poem by Perdition