Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

beginning

"

 

Prologue

Hah…hah. No I mustn’t stop. I must keep running. The night is my ally and my enemy. Dark silhouettes speed fast along the walls. Closer and closer they come, but they won’t catch this girl just yet. Keeping time with my brother, my feet push me off of the rooftop, lunging me into a dark alley.

Shoot this isn’t good. The shadows are coming and darkness will make it easier for them to catch me. I must roam out into street lights or something. Brother…..I wonder what he’s thinking. Betrayal….Pain…..He’s been through it all and now here we are again running from the shadows and those who hate us.

“Sena….We must go now. I can smell him. He’s close, maybe a few blocks down.” The soft melody of his voice caused my body to stay calm. His short, night blue hair flickered bright and dull lights against the shade. Saddened eyes fell upon him. The tears almost falling on my blood stained face. I can feel it…..I can feel his pain. He turned to me stroking my long, silver hair. “Even if that means I have to stay behind, you and he must at least get out of this city.”

“But….Blaine….What will become of you when we leave? No you must come with us. I will not stand for it…” The tears fell faster down my checks. Cold and angry tears…..I will not stand for him to leave. He is my brother and the only family I have left. If we leave then I want him to come with us. He grabbed the locket from neck and placed it in my hands. Albeit the locket was a dull shade of gold…….Cold hands wrapped around mines as the winter breeze nipped our necks.

“Doesn’t matter where you go, I’ll be with you. Remember I told you, as long as you wear this locket you’ll be safe and Mother, Father, and I will be with you always….”  The tears fell faster than ever before. I couldn’t hold them back anymore. Loud tear drops fell to the ground as I continue to hold the locket. “Now don’t cry or they’ll find us….Now let’s go.”

Still crying, we went off into the ghostly streets with the shadows close behind us.



© 2010 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on August 4, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2010


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5