Thin As Tracing Paper

Thin As Tracing Paper

A Poem by Ellusive Rose
"

The world is thin as tracing paper.....perfect face to face but flawed by the black marks of my pencil....

"

Thin As Tracing Paper

 

The sound of the heavy rain hitting my window every night is like a sinister omen to me. Broken screens placed heavily upon the window panes shield not one drop of God’s sadness. It used to be bright, orange light heaving through the crystal glass, but as sky turned black and winter came upon me, the light has dulled from its radiant gold to a solemn shade of the moon’s sorrowful white.

I begin to wonder….why the wolves don’t howl at the fullest moon of the decade and then it falls upon me that they too fear what every being on this earth fears…..Everlasting night and silence….Maybe they found that the moon is their mother……radiant and perfect and it she is when facing me down from the black sky….

Except……

The moon is as thin as tracing paper to me….As flawed as my drawings on that transparent paper when I learn something new for the first time. The front so cleared of errors of the perfected lines that make the shape the moon enhances yet through the sheet you see its flaws…the craters made by the angry meteors and such just like the eraser marks that I’m ashamed to show.

Emotions, personalities…..People…..can be the same. Flawless masks they wear like visitors seeking settlement yet…….Thin as tracing paper. The beings they are….the things they love…..everything we can see. An open book people would say but tracing paper is all the world is to me….


© 2011 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
anything goes. Please review as you like and let me know how you feel about it. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

there are a lot of ellipses, something you seem to overuse in a lot of your work. Some of them aren't used in the correct, so I'd advise on either removing them or change the sentence around a bit to make it work. also, this doesn't exactly look like a poem, more like a short story. otherwise, i really like how you describe things. it's very nice, i like it. :]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2011

Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing