Uncertain Future

Uncertain Future

A Story by Pharos
"

A journey to the uncertain future that is ahead...

"

After many years of serving Okran, You have never once doubt the words of your brethren who you knew since you were young. By joining the ranks of the soldiers of the Holy Nation, you thought you have found your calling. Following every order and purging the heretics of this land, you followed every command given to you. You rose to fame and earned many merits as you won many great battles that finally made you infamous to the Holy Nation's enemies or through the eyes of your brethren a legend.


One fateful day, you were called upon to hunt down a thief who was infamous throughout the Holy Nation. You and a platoon of your most trusted and well trained elite soldiers set out to the Shek's territory. It took you months to gather information on the thief's where about, Losing men and resources along the way as you were slowly hindered by bandits and frequent attacks of the Shek's battle hardened warriors.


Finally, after many losses and sacrifices, you have captured the infamous thief in an entrapment operation that you craftily made, encircling the thief with the few soldiers you have, the thief put up quite a fight injuring some of your soldiers, although in the end the exhausted thief surrendered to your battle prowess. 


Confirming who the thief was you removed the outlandish basket helmet the thief wore and in your surprise it was a woman. The cunning minion of the despised Narko, You chained her down and tell one your soldiers to keep an eye on the thief so she can never escape.


You and your men were successful; with the thief captured you can come home. But to return back you have to trek back in the wastelands and that you did finding alternative routes to lessen casualties. But it proved too difficult for the land outside of the Holy Nation was unforgiving; losing more and more of your soldiers was slowly taking its toll on you. Until finally the supplies ran dry, the few remaining men in your ranks begun to slowly succumb to insanity. Some even attempted to give into their temptation by stealing from the people out of hunger and almost laying their hands on the thief that you put a stop to.


The once honourable soldiers you considered as friends and brethren’s, were reduced to nothing more than mere beasts. You were disgusted at their actions and at yourself for you felt partially responsible for your men turning out this way.


Finally the day came, when you were nearing the Holy Nations safe borders. The thought of the endless nightmare you had witnessed in your perilous journey was coming to an end...


Until you were betrayed and struck down by one of your few soldiers those who were loyal to you were enraged at the traitors and a short battle erupted between your group of loyal soldiers and the traitorous deserters. Unfortunately, the traitors put up quite a fight and killed all those loyal to you. With fatal injuries you had no choice but to crawl to safety, you crawled helplessly in the ground and hid from the traitors. 


As you were slowly succumbing to your bleeding injuries you thought all hope was lost, until you saw the very thing that has brought you to this predicament. It was the thief who you were sworn to capture, the thief sees you in your sorry state and eyes dagger at you.


But seeing you shaking helplessly the thief couldn’t help feel but feel pity and carries you in her shoulders bringing you to relative safely and out of the traitor’s watchful eyes. Both you and the thief escaped and journeyed together for many more days throughout the land.


As you slowly recovered from your injuries, the thought of getting home was in your mind constantly; but as more days passed, you learned more about the outside world and got to personally know the thief as you traveled. Before you knew it, you found yourself and the thief in each other’s embrace, not caring anymore about glory or faith, yet seeking justice, you swore to avenge your fallen brethren and maybe find a sense of healing in this journey to the uncertain future that is ahead.

© 2019 Pharos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on July 25, 2019
Last Updated on August 8, 2019
Tags: Kenshi

Author

Pharos
Pharos

About
through the rotten eyes, you don't see lies... more..

Writing
Miss Suicide Miss Suicide

A Poem by Pharos


Linger Linger

A Poem by Pharos


Recurrence Recurrence

A Poem by Pharos