It's Your Stop, Do You Want To Get Off?

It's Your Stop, Do You Want To Get Off?

A Story by ANB
"

Late night thoughts part 1.

"

14

It’s your stop but you don’t want to get off. This decision the only thing keeping you from a hectic household where the sanest occupant is the most overlooked. Those that scream for help often taking priority over those that occasionally ask politely for help and you're just too softly spoken. You couldn’t scream loud enough if you tried and you don’t want to because you’re a “man” now and men aren’t allowed to scream, cry and struggle; everyone knows that, it’s rule number one of the elusive “how to be a man” book.

Any sign of their progress is praised heavily because even a half step seems like a leap when the person in question doesn’t usually move. Whereas for the one that leaps all day, it’s only natural they should eventually fly. Nothing special. The bad kids are praised heavily when they are good but the good kids aren’t praised for maintaining it; a twisted convention that doesn’t disappear with age. 

It’s your stop and you want to get off but do you really want to get off? Tiredness can kill. Kill you, kill me and kill a mindset. Is the blissful thought of head hitting pillow enough to endure the negativity for just one more night? Probably. It’s been one more night for over 5 years though.

It’s your stop and you don’t want to get off but also, you want to get off. Why? Because you're exhausted and it's time to go home. Yes, in this home, marijuana smoke greets you instead of your family, empty alcohol bottles are in place of a home cooked meal and in every corner of the house loud, repetitive music reaches you, so consistent and constant you’ve become a master of blocking things out; but it’s a home. You wake up to stories of the shenanigans you slept through; “what?! You didn’t hear?! How did you sleep through that?!” It’s a superpower. Sleeping through the chaos. Peace and quiet doesn’t exist here so you better be a deep sleeper, learn to be or choose your vice. You get home and surpass all of the bullshit with a forced smile on your face, only to be greeted several hours later with: “didn’t even know you were here”. F*****g clueless. It’s your stop, do you want to get off? 

© 2019 ANB


Author's Note

ANB
Rough and random.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on March 25, 2019
Last Updated on March 26, 2019
Tags: short, rough, honest, writing, reading, thoughts

Author

ANB
ANB

London, United Kingdom



About
All I want to say really is sometimes my writing sounds really like angry and aggressive but that's not aimed at anyone and even when I use "you" that doesn't actually mean you. I just throw together .. more..

Writing
The Recluse The Recluse

A Poem by ANB


A Naive Queen. A Naive Queen.

A Story by ANB


One-by-One. One-by-One.

A Poem by ANB