The optimist..

The optimist..

A Story by Phynn_2
"

If you take things easy people “starting with the small of the smallest”, you’ll enjoy your life much more, with its ups and downs.

"

Walking down the street Mr. Opti was happily whistling away. It was morning and he was on his way to work. He was just thinking to himself, “too bad I missed the weather forecast today! Oh, well hopefully it won’t rain” and walked away. As he was half way the distance, it started raining. “ooh Gosh, I don’t have an umbrella” he thought to himself as he started to get drained.. “oh, well then I’ll just enjoy a walk in the rain” he said and cheerfully started humming “I’m singing in the rain”….

 

Around the corner to his work, he stopped at his favorite coffee shop where he wanted to get a hot cup of Latté to warm up. As we entered the coffee shop he noticed it was quite empty. “Oh, how lucky I am today, I don’t have to wait for long” and went to the counter to order. “Sorry our machine just broke down there’s just tea for the moment, would you like some? We have a really nice tea with fruity flavor”, “hmm” Mr. Opti sighed ” well why not! Sure I’d love to try something new”…

 

 

Arriving at his office, he placed his tea on the his desk and went to the dry off his cloths.  After a long day of really bad luck at work, he went home, still cheerful..

 

After having overcooked dinner with his wife, they settled down in front of the TV to watch Mr. Opti and his wife’s beloved favorite TV show they never missed. Just as it was starting the electricity was cut off.. “Oooh well, let’s turn in early then honey !! “ Mr. Opti said… His wife however, kept on buggering and snapping at him about the bad luck, as she was anticipating today’s episode. “you go sleep then” she said angrily “I’ll wait maybe the electricity will come back soon and I’ll catch at least a part of the episode”.  Mr. Opti smiled, said good night, thinking once more, that his wife should really be more easy about such small things in life.

 

Not thinking or wasting one moment on all the unlucky things he had encountered all day, he went to bed and had a relaxed, good long night’s sleep.

His wife however, stayed awake for long, her mood getting lousier each minute passed without electricity. She ended up sleeping in her chair, to wake up with headaches and back pains the next morning.

-----

If you take things easy people “starting with the small of the smallest”, you’ll enjoy your life much more, with its ups and downs.

© 2011 Phynn_2


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on March 29, 2011
Last Updated on March 29, 2011

Author

Phynn_2
Phynn_2

Cairo, New Cairo, Egypt



About
I'm just a hobby writer, who reads a lot and loves to get emotions out in pieces of impressions. Wrote short stories and recently started writing a book, will publish here soon... more..

Writing