The Goodnight Kiss for Wishes in the Morning

The Goodnight Kiss for Wishes in the Morning

A Poem by Pi Cee

I aspire to be something in somebody's eyes. Something they see as magnificent, perfect, beautiful, maybe even elegant. To only get better with time. I want to be a lover, friend, something chosen and not forced upon them. Something cherished and amazing. I wish not to change, but I have yet to find my true person. I need to change to do that, I need to live, and grow. So upon finding this person who is supposed to be me, I will certainly blossom into the person I've been destined to be.

Me. Should be someone I like, a better version of I. But Myself should be present in both I and Me,. So Myself would have to include the good of I and the not so great of Me. So what Myself, I, and Me really need to be, is Myself. All really who my self wants to be, just at a loss in figuring out how to make that obvious and all versions separate at the same time. I believe one day, the right setting, I'll piece together the little parts of me that compliment the person I'm trying to become. And in that moment I'll put into motion the possibly long process of becoming my true self, the self that shines without effort.

But this other person, whose eyes I wish to shine in, I doubt actually exists. Though I have hope. This person will be far better in the flesh than in my dreams, for the fact of them being everything I need and only possibly want. In my dreams, I obviously have seen how everything works out, how everything progresses. In "real" life, it should happen and be a completely original experience. It should be a journey of new discoveries, and not a treasure hunt for the perfect jewel. This person may immediately see my faint shine, or they may wait until I fully glow to realize and show their own feelings. The only thing I can possibly know now, is that the person who saves me from ignoring my own light, will have for me the precious rare gift of unconditional love.

I once had a solid idea, or at least as close to a solid idea as I could have about the way my future would pan out, and fade, and softly end. I had the perfect vision of my soul-mate. But now I've realized that you can't ever plan correctly for the future. The person I am now is all that matters in this moment. And the person who I hope will one day grace my life will only ever be who they are in that moment. So if it happens it happens. I'll still dream and hope, but things will happen the way they'll happen on their own.

 

© 2013 Pi Cee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice..... this is quite a piece. Powerful and haunting! So much to want, so much to hope for, a push and pull vibe. Life is like the ocean, my friend, you ride with the currents, in and out, or try to fight it and get nowhere. This poem really strikes me, really makes me feel and that is something few pieces do. A dream, perhaps, but a great dream to chase, at that.

And, by the way, you are already something in the eyes of another and something magnificent, too. You are a very gifted and brilliant writer. Very, very beautifully done.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

This has been one of my most cherished reviews.



Reviews

Since you are already a person, you will continue to grow, and move beyond. Nice write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sometimes living shapes our perception of reality enough to actually see and sometimes we close our eyes anyway...

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is everybody's dream to find that one person, that understand you without you having to open your
mouth. Just that look in there eyes, that makes you feel whole and your two sprits become one. What is odd about life is that most people don't ever find that one person. Remember, don't just fall for any thing and only for the best, but that is hard because the older we get, we think we are starting to run out of time.... We realize that we are not invincible any more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh, honey....he does exist. you are so much better than mortal man deserves but, trust me, there is a man out there somewhere who is just dying to meet someone as special and as capable of giving love as you. take heart, my dear Bri, it is coming....never go looking, it has to find you, and find you, it will!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I want you to notice the little things, so I can notice the little things about you. How your eyes light up at Christmas lights or how you seem to float away sometimes with a summer breeze."

Absolutely Beautiful.....Whisk

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting piece you managed to pen here, very emotional and well structured it truly is something fresh and unique, love the ending on how "we'll cry and fight...but through we'll make it", on how we should grow together and love no matter what...great job

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely write ,dream for the best. Eloquently said.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful write, You deserve all those things, and more! I notice you take on a narrative-Prose like style when Writing poetry, Although its unique, its descriptiveness is something that should truly be counted amongst poetry. I know I reviewed this before, but my review didnt do it justice.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Beautiful in a solemn kind of way. The wanting and longing cannot be denied here. The certainty of knowing what You wants and what I wants and how to accomplish that goal is woven creatively throughout this piece. Love this!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a wonderful dream....mine lasted 37 yrs..but alas everything doesnt last ...forever...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

At least you got to hold it. Thank you, for the thoughts.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1916 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Author

Pi Cee
Pi Cee

Parkersburg, WV



About
"Regardless of whether the answer of 'what do I mean to you' flatters me or not, such a question's only intention is merely for a shared understanding of one's place in another's life." "If I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..