Separate

Separate

A Story by Piccole Parole
"

A short reflection on the current political climate within the United States.

"
I would often sit looking out over the bay and bridge. I would wonder how I ended up here, in a place I had always loathed. I still don’t love the city. It’s never any different, always cold and damp. That’s why I sit here. I can see the hills across the bay. They are open and free. They lack people. The only thing that stops me is the long stretch water, too cold and harsh to pass. I stay as long as possible, though I know I don’t have much time before I must retreat through the houses that no honest person could ever hope to afford. Reality sickens me. The people, their politics, the lack of morals. The crooked neighborhood, full of crooked houses, and crooked people. I reach for my book for a brief escape. Paris in the 20’s, in a year it’ll be the 20’s again, though I don’t think it’ll be the same. I can feel tiny droplets start to fall. I return to the beach again to find it closed. Old people, sitting at their old jobs, arguing the same old things. Grasping the last bit of control as they near closer to the door, only to be replaced with youthful delusion. As I walk along the fenced off beach I find a hole in the wall.

© 2019 Piccole Parole


Author's Note

 Piccole Parole
Any grammar or spelling correction highly appreciated! What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on February 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 10, 2019
Tags: wall, government, United States, Trump, Ocean, California, Bay, understanding, San Francisco