The Story of Rosie (original, before book)

The Story of Rosie (original, before book)

A Story by Hannavas R.
"

A boy stumbles across an ancient statue that demands her freedom that can only be granted by destroying an ancient ticking clock, but what secrets lay behind her freedom?

"
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000008627 StartFragment:0000000473 EndFragment:0000008610

If you asked anyone about the story of Rosie today they would blink and tell you that they don’t know what you’re talking about, but they do. The story is just too hard to explain, even if you thought about it. But most people don’t know the one thing I do. Rosie was not human, nor was she a robot, or a mythical creature, or anything you could imagine, except an angel.

Rosie was an Angel with no last name. She grew into the world from the most sacred place in the world, the Garden of Tick and Tock, a garden not of flowers and trees, but clocks of the many. It was a time garden.

Rosie, for centuries, was the maiden to the clocks, the statue of an angel with sad eyes that held a clock in her hands that no matter how many centuries passed, still ticked. That is how the garden received its name, its birthright, but then one day a small boy, named Athenos, stepped into the garden. He heard a voice coming from the statue.

Set me free,” he heard the statue say. Even though he was still a child he knew that statues did not really talk. His blue eyes grew wide as he stared at the pale statue and golden clock.

Please set me free little one,” the boy stood speechless and frozen.

Grab a stone, the one in front of me shaped as both a tear and a stone, and throw it at this cursed clock. Set me free, Athenos.”

The little boy did as he was told. He walked toward her, and picked up the rock and threw it at the golden, forever ticking clock as hard as he could.

As soon as the rock touched it, it shattered, and the glass fell to the ground, and the tick tock stopped, not just in this clock but in every clock in the garden. The angel’s eyes started glowing electric blue and the statue started cracking.

The boy stepped back and tripped over a rock and fell down to the dirt, and stared up in amazement as the statue fell to Earth.

Rosie’s eyes were still electric blue until the very last piece of cement fell off her naked body. Then her eyes faded from her whole eye to just her irises. Still a heavenly blue, they shut and her body, with her long golden hair, fell to the ground.

Her eyes opened again, and she moved her arms until her hands were on the ground then she tried to push herself up. As she stood she swayed, like a toddler just learning how to walk. As she found her balance, she felt something wet on her back, sliding down it. She looked back searching for her wings when she remembered, ‘If an angel is to ever touch the ground on Earth their wings with disintegrate.’ As Rosie realized that she had lost her wings, tears fell from her eyes.

By now Athenos was up, and walking towards her. Rosie didn’t notice this action, otherwise she would have told him to run away and never come back and certainly never touch her.

Athenos reached out his hand and touched Rosie’s arm. A little bolt of electricity shot from Rosie into Athenos hand, and his eyes went cold, dark, and numb. He was seeing every truth that ever existed in this world. He had just seen why the angel was imprisoned in not a statue, but a protective barrier. Rosie was not an angel at all she was a demon, who had just lost her wings, now she had no power.

The crying demon looked at Athenos and touched one finger to his forehead.

Athenos eyes went from brown to red and his hair went from black to bloody crimson, “I have just made you immortal, Athenos, for you will serve me for the rest of eternity. Millions of centuries have gone by, the other thousands of clocks were people or animals who came but refused to throw the rock and set me free. You saw in your mind that demons are not good nor evil we are just a very misunderstood creature created from in a parallel universe.”

Athenos nodded slowly as he understood and then said, “I will serve, Maiden of Time, Rosie.”

© 2013 Hannavas R.


Author's Note

Hannavas R.
You only learn through judgement, so please rate and comment ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem is about a hypothetical or fictional self-contained separate reality coexisting with one's own.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013
Tags: secrets, fantasy, magic, angel, demon, human, red, freedom, boy, athenos, ancient, old, clock, tick and tock, ticking, stone, immortal, centuries

Author

Hannavas R.
Hannavas R.

About
I am a 16 year old fantasy and romance reader and mostly short story writer, though I also write gay and lesbian, autobiographies, poems, novels, teen and young adult, and strictly adult. I'm silly.. more..

Writing