"Faded Photos"

"Faded Photos"

A Poem by PoeT4994
"

You can call it a love poem. But it's more like a promise poem, of how i'll always be there. My gf, at the time, was going through crap with me, and this poem essentializes our entire relationship.

"
If by the time their light reaches us, stars are already dead then, all we see are faded photos of them.
And if you ever see me hung by my feet and frowning, understand it's because I said you will always see a smile on my face.
And if you ever see my spine strung from the porch roof, know it's because I don't have backbone enough to tell you I love you.
So baby...I'm going to take these polaroids of your pupils, my noose, and four segments of my vertebrate, and bury them.
Because I know there's no going back.
We've hit a spoon in the road, and now we're stuck, going in circles.
Girl, with the ravens flocking from her follicles, fly your imagination to the skies.
Leave your heart with me.
I will repave it black so that we match.
And I can't promise to run after you forever, but every once in a while you can look back to see me dragging my limp, rotting body closer and closer to your heels. 
And if my knees splinter inside of my skin, and my ribs conform inwards into the breath of my lungs from the force of societies boulder, I will keep a hand outreached beyond this world so that you always have something to hold.
And I can't say I'll move mountains for you, but I'll try my best to scrape the pebbles out of the way so that you never trip.
And my eyes may never break the dams of this world, but my heart will always bleed tears of what I've always wanted.
And by the sweat of my brow, and the quiver of yours, I will work my hardest to make sure that you eat more than the bull-crap I feed you.
My lungs may bleed and my feet may barely breath but I'm still alive, and you will be happy.
Stand by me, though I may slouch, stand tall.
My spine may accordion, but yours is the guitar that jams our lives together.
And no matter how cold it gets, I will hold you as much as I can, you'll just have to settle for meeting me in my mind.
And I'll never figure out the labyrinth of your heart, but I'm still hammering at the walls, waiting until they break, and I can find myself shattered amongst the pieces of one way mirror glass.
Just know, I'm trying.
I'm trying to sweat for us, trying to cry for us, and I'm trying to make memories.
Trying to make post cards, so that you always know where I'm at.
Trying to make another spine out of these pictures so that I can come back home.
I'm still trying to find the graveyard of the stars I hear it shines darker than anything know to man.
I'm trying to find new photos.
Ones that aren't as faded, so that, maybe, that special glare will come back to your eye.
So I'm here, waiting.
For my second chance at a quick picture of your face where your eyes shine brighter than the stars in a photo of these faded memories of what our universe looked like...just before we watched it die.

 

© 2010 PoeT4994


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey...this is awesome. Like, seriously, it sounds like some sort of amazing dialogue out of a film with a bloke spilling his heart out to the girl he used to/still does love. Every bit of it was sooooooooooooo authentic and real; I guess I've decided that's what I love most about your poems so far. I loved the part where you said the bit about mountains and moving the pebbles so that she'll never trip. That was bloody incredible. And the forlorn, yet determined mood was THE BEST. I love this sooooooo much. What an awesome piece of writing. It's so awesome that you can write like this, just straight up. Sweetness. Thanks for suggestinggg!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey...this is awesome. Like, seriously, it sounds like some sort of amazing dialogue out of a film with a bloke spilling his heart out to the girl he used to/still does love. Every bit of it was sooooooooooooo authentic and real; I guess I've decided that's what I love most about your poems so far. I loved the part where you said the bit about mountains and moving the pebbles so that she'll never trip. That was bloody incredible. And the forlorn, yet determined mood was THE BEST. I love this sooooooo much. What an awesome piece of writing. It's so awesome that you can write like this, just straight up. Sweetness. Thanks for suggestinggg!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heart touching, this is such a beautiful write, I'm so happy you placed this in my contest; great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010