"Simply Us"

"Simply Us"

A Poem by PoeT4994
"

Came up with the first nine lines off of the top of my head for a Facebook status, and I liked it, so I kept going with it. It's about my ex.

"
Burn beautiful, burn bright.
We will blaze like fireworks holding candles beneath the sun.
We will spark like a lighter.
We will stay warm in each other's company, so long we burn through the night.
Take my hand, and explode like manifested bombs in your chest.
Lay down coals, and we will put them to shame as we lay in each others arms.
We will shine like Enola Gay.
Tonight, is the night everyone looks for in life.
The night we burst like stars hocked up on gunpowder and asteroids.
You always said that I was warm to the touch.
Like I had furnaces radiating beneath my pulse, I don’t.
I just have the passion for you.
Melting away in my eyes.
Allowing you to paint, further more, your idea of perfect.
And we, we lay like glow bugs beneath the sky.
Looking in each other’s past, rubbing legs like crickets, asking why?
Why wasn’t I there with you?
There in your past.
I don’t know.
But we can re-write it together.
I don’t care much for roses are red, violets are blue.
Because our lips our pink, and our passion is rainbow.
We have that sort of exploding spectrum kind of love.
Like octopi, we have four ways to hug, but one way to say we’re scared.
And it’s with the ink fading into our hearts, we disperse it when we are afraid.
Some say I wear my heart on my sleeve, but they’re just looking at the stain.
And I, dream of you before I get a chance to sleep, and every time you walk away, I can feel your footsteps pinching me.
I ain’t much for love poems, I let my pain speak for me.
And by God I’m a masochist.
I love to hurt.
I love to love.
I love to you.
I love to me.
I love two white doves.
And I love what it all stands for.
If you threw the alphabet against the sky, you can watch as I and U make a heart in the constellations.
And sue me if I'm cheesy, but dang it I love me some nachos anyways.
Jane England once said “People who light fires on the slightest provocation are always the nicest.
There's something comforting about fires.”
Maybe that’s why we are two muffled up bean bag chairs sinking into each other.
There’s something about a soul in itself divied up into two bodies, it feels...wonderful.
It feels like God should.
It feels like babies would.
There’s something to this “love”.
I don’t know what it is, but we sleep on the face of the matchstick in my fingertip beneath the universe it’s created.
And I don’t know about you, but I rest easy knowing that you rest easy.
I would whisper lullabies into your ear to sooth you, but I don’t want to take the time we have together for granted, so I’ll just lay, and sulk up every single moment of every dawn breaking in the corner of every painting, every day, every time you say “I love you.”
And I'll hold your hand like a Hallmark card that reads...”You decide.”
And we will walk, hand in hand, until we find those rusty memories again, and we can lay in those junked up heaps of scrapbooks, and mounds of sounds, and moans, and whispers, and gasps, and slurps, and sips, holding waists, and holding hips, with our future around us, singing Hallelujah into the camp fire that we rest on.
And we will call it...simply us.

© 2010 PoeT4994


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poetry commands attention. I like that I get sucked into it. Each line can't really be speed read, but that is a blessing. I liked this piece. I've been there, as have most people, so I can empathize. I love the ending... it's a beautiful, peaceful way to look at things.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've always been so inspired from reading your poems, but I couldn't write it any other way that would be anywhere near as perfect as this. Every poem I read it's like I'm in another life for awhile.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very deep & a powerful write. Ur pen has the potential ... Great job! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your poetry commands attention. I like that I get sucked into it. Each line can't really be speed read, but that is a blessing. I liked this piece. I've been there, as have most people, so I can empathize. I love the ending... it's a beautiful, peaceful way to look at things.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 1, 2010
Last Updated on July 1, 2010