Missing You

Missing You

A Poem by Melinda McQueen

Missing You

(Somonka)

 

I am missing you,

As you are fast asleep, dear.

Your fluttering eyes

Tell me that you are dreaming.

Oh, when will my beloved wake?

 

I’m here in my dreams,

And you, my love, are with me.

I’m afraid to wake

To find I am missing you.

If so, let me ever dream.

 

Melinda McQueen Rodgers

September 20, 2021

© 2021 Melinda McQueen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Soft, gentle and wonderful words for love dear Melinda.
"I’m here in my dreams,
And you, my love, are with me."
The above lines are wonderful and thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry for love.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Melinda McQueen

1 Year Ago

Thanks for reading my poem. Much appreciated.
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are welcome dear Melinda.
This is a brilliant use of the somonka! You conjure up a ton of relatable feelings, such as anyone has felt, upon watching a beloved sleeping. Wanting to wake them & enjoy this person, but also not wanting to wake them & let them enjoy dreamland. Then, your second tanka takes a bit of a dark turn, suggesting that perhaps there's reason to fear that one or the other might not be waking up. I have some much-older friends who might be feeling this way when they lie down with their chronically-ill beloved every night (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

2 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and leaving your much appreciated review.
i had to look up Somonka .. thank you for that. the Japanese have provided us with so many minimalist ways to hang our hats on. they most always seem to elicit deeper thoughts and feelings. this on, i think, is so romantic. what better expressions of love than two stanzas from two lovers ... or one speaking on behalf of both... what stands out in your Somonka is the sleeping partner who doesn't want to wake ... he/she may not be there ... really like that ... if you want to be more precise, consider small change in V2 L5 "If so, let me ever dream." keeping it to 7 syllables ;) thank you for introducing me to such a romantic form ... super creative perspective from the second V person ... love it!
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

2 Years Ago

Ohhhh, thanks for catching that! i'm glad you read my poetry.
Einstein Noodle

2 Years Ago

:) glad your here and sharing ...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2021
Last Updated on September 21, 2021
Tags: missing someone, love, Somonka poems

Author

Melinda McQueen
Melinda McQueen

TX



About
Hello, I'm Melinda from Texas. I am a published author. I'm in a chair with Cerebral Palsy and writing is my outlet. I have found deep pleasure in writing poetry. Writing helps me express my emotion.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Sea The Sea

A Poem by Paul Bell