Can You ?

Can You ?

A Poem by PoeticPrince

Let me ask you a question, Can you walk a day in my shoes ? Go Through the sufferings I've been thru ? Can you live day to day with the constant reminders of the things done to you as a child or the haunting image that stays in your head of your mother laying there dead on the hospital table. 
Can you wake up each morning feeling the never ending pain you have from hurting the ones that love you ? 
Can you carry the burdens of your failure's or the person you've become knowing you could be so much better with your life or tell me can you continue to take all the lies and heart break from the woman who says she loves you ,but no effort is ever produced.  Still even through all this , trying to maintain day by day. 
Can you walk a day in my shoes , knowing you're good person but all you seem to get is heartache and misery , not being able to filter out the fake from the real because everyone is never who they say they are .
Tell me can you lay awake at night hoping that when you close your eyes, that it will be your last day , knowing that if you didn't awake things might be better that day. 
Can you walk a day in my shoes battling my drug addiction it's a struggle everyday to stay clean, 5 years clean and I still feel like I need you everyday.  I can't seem to knock these demons trying not to lose  my soul , trying not to lose my head. 
I don't know if I have the strength left , I just might let these demons win. Lord know I've tried and I'm tired. 

© 2017 PoeticPrince


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on September 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 25, 2017

Author

PoeticPrince
PoeticPrince

LOS ANGELES, CA



About
As things get worse ,poetry gets better because it becomes more necessary. more..

Writing