Butterfly Tears...

Butterfly Tears...

A Poem by Yellow Butterfly

.....

 

~

 

 

This feeling is like a torrid flow down stream




With my eyes wide awake this is not a dream




These emotions playing havoc with my mind




Searching for answers that are hard to find




~

 

 

Feeling trapped breathless cannot breathe




Saying you loved me then you turn and leave

 

 

How much longer should I hide in my cocoon?




Not knowing if your love is coming back soon

 



~

 

 

Needed you badly to stop my butterfly tears




Help rid me from all of my worries and fears

 

 

Dignity intact I emerge a beautiful butterfly

 

 

Spread my wings flutter high up in the sky

 

~

 

 

No longer cocooned my love was not in vain

 

 

Powers that be stopped me from going insane

 

 

Freeing me from this burning internal pain




Released is my soul ready to fall in love again

 


~

 

© 2013 Yellow Butterfly


Author's Note

Yellow Butterfly

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the rhyming, it was flawless and continued throughout the poem. You also ended it on a good note which I think is great because sometimes the people we love arent always the best for us and in this case it feels like it was just holding the butterfly back from its full potential. Great work!

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I loved the title and the idea that butterflies can cry. I love the optimism at the end YB - I half expected a 'never again' kind of ending but you totally helped the reader to look beyond the hurt and pain to the future.
It reminded me of Burt Bacharach's "What do you get if you fall in love?" in that respect - a song I love.
A wonderful write YB.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Loved the story in this poem. It felt like a journey of discovery and change. Flawless!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Like seasons, we go through warm and cold chapters of our lives. The heartache of lost love can be a burden we take with us a long time. The last line shows the spirit has not given up and you are ready to try again. Great writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


An interesting tale of love, loss, and survival. I really enjoyed the progression of this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There is beauty and there is sadness in this poem and that makes it marvelous. And the flow with the rhyming are make it magical...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a beautiful write dear. Such a strong expression of the passion of heartbreak. I especially like the words, "Dignity intact I emerge" as so many get swallowed up and drown from heartache. We all most let the seasons have their time but only their time before we see spring bloom again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So bittersweet and you knew I'd love this one....the analogy wraps around your sad love story tearfully lovely....music just adds to the ambiance of this one....well done!

I tripped a tiny bit with the line,
Powers that be stopped me from going insane, perhaps a comma after 'powers that be".....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sadness throughout... nicely constructed... matches the picture perfectly. Good work.

*bird*

Posted 10 Years Ago


In love, then lost, withdrawal, emergence once more, reborn, reinvigorated and receptive again to love's enchanting aroma !

A very creative poem, to tell the story like the stages/life cycles of a butterfly was amazing poetry! My congratulations once more, you certainly are an impressive Yellow butterfly !

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

492 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e