Do You Still Love Me...?

Do You Still Love Me...?

A Poem by Yellow Butterfly

 

Do you remember when

our paths first crossed?

Right at that moment I knew

you would always be by my side

But how could I have known then

what I simply know now

That this little heart of mine

would love you with every breath

Even after all this time

as the years have gone by

 Feel you close to me yet your so far

as I close my eyes

 remembering what you said to me

like it was yesterday…

 

 

© 2014 Yellow Butterfly


Author's Note

Yellow Butterfly




My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's something that I feel drawn to poems like this. I felt the same for someone, for a long period of time. But everyday that passes and they are not with me I learn to adjust and move on. I hope you can too.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Yellow Butterfly

3 Years Ago

We learn to adjust our hearts...to teach it to love again!

Thank you for your lovely .. read more
Some things we never forget :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


YB there are those whose imprint - indelibly left on our hearts - will never wash off nor stain - they are the ones that touch our being they also tear when they leave - tear us and tear themselves leaving perfectly matched scars (even if they dont admit to the bond being that close).
You wrote every person who misses a loved one with such yearning that their heart never ceases to send out pings like radar with every beat into the universe.
I loved this YB. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I wonder what at times compels us to ask such questions... questions such as the one your poem posses. Do you still love me? Some yearning i suppose awakens in such moments... but if love is love, then why did i ever ask? For such I have asked many a time. Do you still love me? But if love is love... then why do i forget in those times, or where does it go, or what stands in addition...? Some form of (not love-or-un-loved-or forgotten love) must be present in such moments as well, in order to provoke such a question to begin with. ... Its a beautiful poem. it makes me think and feel about love, which i find much of the time, or some times at least, is an unpleasant task. its the doubting side of love that i have yet to make peace with... for me, your poem reveals this in the very asking of the questions, "do you still love me, and, do you remember me?" So for as sweet and tasty every turn of your word is in your wonderful poem about love... i sense and hear a bitter sweet sadness looming in its halls as well.
Thank you for inviting us to feel and think about love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's always heartbreaking when we prove more enduring than love itself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very relevant question that we ask our beloved for the certainty and security. Do you still love me echoes far and wide and within the waves of the hearts...Bravo

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1170 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..