Words Hurt

Words Hurt

A Poem by Kat

Them: You’re ugly
Me: I know
Them: You’re so stupid
Me: Okay
Them: You’re a terrible friend
Me: I agree
Them: Kill yourself
Me: Would that make you happy?
Them: What?
Me: Would me killing myself make you happy?
Them: I would be ecstatic
Me: Okay


A Month Later


Them: …I didn’t think she would actually do it…

© 2023 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
People say "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" but, words hurt just as much and that's a scar that'll never go away...be careful what you say to people even if you don't like them. It doesn't matter who you're talking to you should never cross the line and go so far as telling someone to kill themselves because you never know if they'll actually do it. Please be careful of what you say and be kind, not cruel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The world had became ugly. Our leaders (Republicans) said you are a monster if you were different. This is wrong. 50 years ago. We didn't ask personal question. People, were just people. Your generation is changing our world. You must. Old generation gave-up our freedoms to decide our own life. Powerful and honest poetry. We cannot allow men of hatred and fear to run our world. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Sounds like a phone dialogue. We might have been better off without those machines.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kat

1 Year Ago

honestly i agree and being born in the generation that kinda "depends" on electronics i could honest.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2023
Last Updated on April 13, 2023

Author

Kat
Kat

Kent, WA



About
I just want to be able to express my emotions without being judged. Yes some advice is always but not always appreciated. I'm 16 give me a break (I definitely need one) more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Kat


Diamond Ring Diamond Ring

A Poem by Kat