Bonfire

Bonfire

A Story by PoetryPenPal

Bonfire

 

The red, orange, and yellow colors of the fire sway on top of the wood, on a mission to keep you warm. Marshmallows and wieners on sticks hang over the fire, which is secreting warm air to toast your marshmallows to a golden brown for your s’mores. The crunching of gram crackers and the screaming of playing children tells you that this is where you’re suppose to be. All lights are on in the city, so you feel like you’re watching a light show, or you’re staring at a large connect the dots board. Fireworks are shooting off into the dark sky, adding beautiful colors to it. The beautiful lights are booming loudly and echoing through the night. I lie on the soft grass, and listen to the echoing boom and stare in awe at the shining colors of the rainbow, exploding like an over-excited baby bird that just learned how to fly. I wish I could fly, soar with the birds, and be as brilliant as fireworks. I want to make a boom.  

© 2014 PoetryPenPal


Author's Note

PoetryPenPal
Please enjoy. Reviews are appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the way this looks. It feels more like prose then a poem, but still I really find this amazing. The imagery is just phenomenal.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback Maddi!
Dear Writer,

A great write. I appreciate you made us see the tiniest of the things or I must say thoughts which we usually skip with the bonfires.

Stay blessed
Prodical


Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I love the descriptions dear friend. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you a bunch!
Praveeta

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
Hey my little poetry pal.This is so very descriptive ,I felt like I was there .Great writing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thanks Vidya!
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
This perfectly described sitting in front of a bonfire for me, though it was a little repetitive. Also, gram should be graham and suppose should be supposed (being grammar nazi-ish again :P). Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thanks Grammar Nazi! ;-)
Maddy

10 Years Ago

Anytime :P
PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

...........:-)
Hi Poetry PenPal,

This is really nice and it gives the reader a celebratory feeling. You have all the trappings to create a rich scene. I hope you don't mind but I'm a teacher and I have a small suggestion for you. See where you say beautiful lights and beautiful colors- show us the lights and the colors. For instance for fireworks you might say something like fountains of red and purple streak across the sky as we gasp in wonder and appreciation. It's just a suggestion but I am always telling my students to create an image in my mind...show me don't tell me. Your pieces are always delightful to read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely find a great way to make a more vivid picture in you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: PoetryPenPal, bonfire, fire, fourth of July, story

Author

PoetryPenPal
PoetryPenPal

Lost in my thoughts..., MI



About
Stuck in that awkward stage of waving goodbye to childhood and waiting for adulthood to envelope me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trapped Trapped

A Poem by PoetryPenPal


Simple Simple

A Poem by PoetryPenPal


Change Change

A Poem by PoetryPenPal