How I got into Pokémon

How I got into Pokémon

A Story by PokemonFan#1
"

Wondering WHY I love Pokémon so much? Well her you go!

"

I was first introduced to Pokémon by my dad when I was little and he got me and Allyson a stuffed Pikachu plushy. It was small, chubby, has a long thunderbolt tail, red cheeks, long ears with black at the tip, small feet and legs, black eyes, and a yellow body. After that day I became madly obsessed with Pokémon; from: movies, T.v. shows, trading cards, plushies, and video games. The first Pokémon game I‘ve ever gotten and played was the third generation game, “Pokémon Sapphire Version” and the first Pokémon I started out with in the game was a cute water element based Pokémon called Mudkip. The Pokémon, Mudkip, is small, walks on its hind and front legs, a blue based body, orange cheeks with three whiskers, a tall fin atop its head, and a wider fin as its tail.

     I soon got and received more plushies for baby-sitting my two youngest sisters, trading card were gotten when I had money, and every Pokémon video game out: Red, Blue, Yellow (first generation), Gold, Silver, Crystal (second generation), Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald (third generation), and then later throughout the years they came out with: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum (fourth generation), Heart Gold, Soul Silver (second generation re-make with the addition of a special feature from Yellow), Black, White (fifth generation with Black2 and White2 on its way to my collection in the fall), three Pokémon Ranger based games where you play a Ranger, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon Gale of Darkness (bonus region), Pokémon Blue, Time, Dark, and Sky rescue team (where you play a Pokémon who was once human), and Poképark (a little similar to the rescue games).

     Sometime in the future, I may join GameFreak and create a new version of Pokémon called, “Pokémon Purple Version”. In order to create a new Pokémon game, I’d have to think of one hundred fifty (+one) Pokémon and their designs, trainers, gym leaders, villains, etcetera. Pokémon originally got the name “Pokémon” from Japan’s version “Pocket Monsters”. The creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri, was inspired to create the game from catching bugs when he was little. The game later became an anime (cartoon for us) and the main protagonist got the name Satoshi from Satoshi Tajiri (we called the character, Satoshi, Ash Ketchum everywhere else).

     In 2010, I went to the Phoenix, Arizona Pokémon tournament with my dad and when I went, I was so excited. The game format for the tournament is a four on four battle with two Pokémon out at once. I faced really strong people and was super lucky to make it really far. I got passed three people and made it to the fourth round. I was stressed (cause I was way too close to losing) and getting exhausted. There were no breaks but for the fact others and I waited in a line for a short amount of time was considered (in my opinion) a short rest break. I lost the fourth round and was very sad. I worked so hard to get that far (literally) and ended up losing. Later, in 2011, I went to the San Diego, California Pokémon Tournament. When I got there (after a good chunk of driving) I waited in line by myself and eventually made it into the battle area. The battle format was the same as the previous one in 2010 and…I didn’t make it past the first round. That was so terrible. I was very depressed when I lost, but later recovered ever so slowly.

 

Well, I do believe that is everything about how I got into Pokémon, covering from beginning, to now. 2012.

© 2012 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
True story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

so awesome i love pokemon

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow... and I thought I was obsessed with Pokemon xD you're awesome!
And omg, you should see all of my pokemon stuff O_O it's craaaaaaaaaaaaazy!
Anyways, you're amazing :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


It was entertaining reading this and made me remember when I first got into Pokemon and when the anime first came out and the games! I'm playing White right now again so as soon as I am done with it, I'll jump into Black 2 with the storyline still in my mind!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
I love how while reading this there was Pokemon ad next to it :P That's so cool Poke! I loved this lol :D So that's it all got started...WOW!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

Really? There was a Pokemon ad? That just makes this awesome! XD
Yeppers! 'Tis my dad's fault .. read more
_

11 Years Ago

Yeah there was one!!! IT WAS LIKE WICKED TIMING!!! and that's cool!!!! :D WOOT WOOT!!!!
I f****************'king love pokemon! What's your favorite team?

Posted 11 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

My favorite team? Oh gosh...that is really hard...

Well, I'll have to say that on my te.. read more
dude, i looooooooooove Pokemon! The dream team is Espion, Rapidash, Raichu, Swampert, Venasaur, and Dewgong

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012
Tags: Pokemon, home work

Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1