Chapter 1: I'm not still dreaming, am I?

Chapter 1: I'm not still dreaming, am I?

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1
"

Sarah's life changes after awaking from a nightmare and after she get's her beginer Pokemon, it is on the verge of death, so Sarah hurry's to the Pokemon Center to get it better.

"

     “Sarah honey, it’s time to go to bed now.” Sarah’s mom said, “Get off your game and go to sleep.”

     “Fine…” Sarah mumbled, “I can’t wait for another Pokémon game to come out.” Our story begins with Sarah going to bed and having a nightmare from a distant past a few months ago.

     “Hmm? Have I been here before?” Sarah said looking around her surroundings. “Oh-no! This is the Pokémon tournament!”

     “Hello there.” A familiar voice said tapping Sarah’s shoulder from behind. “I’ll be your fourth round opponent. After this we’ll see who continues to the finals of the Sinno league.” Sarah turned around only to find her opponent and herself facing each other from a far distance. Sarah’s opponent took out two black with two yellow striped spheres and threw them up in the air. Two very large beings, one blue and the other pink, called Pokémon came out of the spheres and roared loudly with a crowd of people appearing and cheering loudly at Sarah’s opponent.

     “Ah! Am I battling in a real Pokémon battle?! With real Pokémon?!” Sarah said screaming and panicking. “How am I supposed to know what Pokémon I have?!” Just then Sarah was wearing a belt that also held the sphere like ball. She randomly grabbed two of the spheres on her waste and said, “A Pokéball? A Master Ball? Hmm. Now I know what they are.” Sarah’s grip tightened and she threw the two spheres, called Pokéball’s, into the air calling out two names. “Typhlosion! Ho-oh!” To Sarah’s surprise the names she called out were the right names. A Typhlosion with a navy blue coat of fir and blazing fire lighting up from its back neck and a Ho-oh, a big bird with beautiful rainbow colored wings.

     “Gypsy, would you so kindly use Draco Meteor on Typhlosion?” Sarah’s opponent said calmly and showing he thought he would be the winner. “And Pearl, you use Spacial Rend on Ho-oh.”

     “Oh no you don’t, Typhlosion use Earthquake! And Ho-oh, you use Fly to dodge the attack!” Sarah quickly commanded her Pokémon in order to counter attack her opponent. But when Sarah’s Typhlosion hit the opposing Pokémon with its Earthquake attack, Dialga’s Draco Meteor also hit making Sarah’s Typhlosion faint in one turn.

     “Typhlosion, no!” Sarah yelled. “Ugg…Typhlosion return…” Sarah’s Typhlosion got knocked out in one hit, leaving Sarah with only two Pokémon left to choose from. Sarah reached for another ball to replace Typhlosion’s battle spot. “A Timer Ball. Perfect! Dialga come out!”

     “Your Pokémon aren’t that strong compared to mine.” Sarah’s opponent taunted. “Why don’t you just forfeit the match?"

     “No! I’m going to keep battling till the end!” Sarah said now confident with the crowd going wild.

 

As Sarah was about to call a command, Sarah woke up. “What?! But. The dream was getting good…I haven’t been dreaming about Pokémon a lot any more. Great! Just as I- wait! This isn’t my room!”

     “Good morning Sarah. Are you excited to get your beginner Pokémon today?” A woman said walking into the new room Sarah was in.

     “Ah! W-w-who are you?! What do you want with- wait did you say beginner Pokémon?” Sarah screamed falling off the bed.

     “Yes silly. You were too afraid of starting a journey when you were ten because you thought you weren’t ready yet. Six years have passed and now you’re sixteen.” The woman said. “I put your new clothes you picked out in your bathroom. Once you’re ready, come down and have breakfast.”

     “Umm. Okay.” Sarah said, the woman walking down and Sarah getting excited. “I guess I’ll get dressed. And then pack up for a Pokémon journey!” Sarah finished getting dressed and now wore a white T-shirt with a green Pokéball label in the middle matching her hat and shoes. Her pants were just a bright brown, not really that special. But she did have a plane black wristband and a white one with a pearl on it. For packing, Sarah put some potions, a flashlight and umbrella that were on the computer desk and a town map on the book shelf. She also grabbed her pajamas that needed to get washed before leaving, but didn’t have time to wash them so she put it back.

     “I think I’ll just buy some new ones.” Sarah said putting the dirty clothes in the bathroom hamper. “Well, I think that’s it.” Sarah then zipped up her new green backpack and picked it up to go down and have some food. After Sarah finishing having a big breakfast the woman made, Sarah was about to head out the door till the woman stopped her.

     “I almost forgot to give you your money for your long journey.” The woman said handing Sarah a large amount of money.

     “Wow! 3,000 dollars!?” Sarah said shocked at the amount.

     “Well I hope you’re safe on your journey! Bye!” The woman said quickly and scooting Sarah out the front door.

     “What just happened?” Sarah said, then looking around her. “Hmmm...This neighborhood look's really familiar. Have I been her before? Wait! That's impossible! I couldn't have been here! I just got here.”

     “Hey Sarah!” An unfamiliar voice said. Sarah turned around and saw a woman with light brown hair and irises waving to her.

   Ah! Wait! Isn't that Ash's mom from Pokémon!? Sarah thought. "Uhh, hi Miss. Ketchum..."

     “Are you heading to the Professors for your first Pokémon today?” Ash's mom asked.

     “Yeah……Do you know where the lab is?” Sarah said.

     “Just keep going strait and you’ll find it.” Miss Ketchum said.

     “Thanks!” Sarah said. Sarah walked off and by the time she reached the Professors lab. She was nearly out of breath. “Oh, my, gosh! That took way too long to get here!”

     “Ah Sarah. Glad you could make it.” A male voice said. Sarah looked up and saw an old man with a little bit of gray and brown hair. He has brown pants and a red shirt with a white lab coat on to show he’s a Professor of some sort.

     “P-Professor Oak!” Sarah said startled. “(I can’t believe I’m actually meeting THE Pokémon Professor of Kanto!)”

      “Are you ready to get your starter Pokémon today now?” Professor Oak asked.

     “Y-yeah.” Sarah said. They walked in the lab and the Professor did the usual routine he did on all the Pokémon show’s Sarah’s watched when she was back in the real world.

     “I’m sorry to say, but there’s only one Pokémon left.” Professor Oak said.

     “What Pokémon is it?” Sarah asked hoping it would be a Pikachu.

     “Charmander.” The Professor said breaking Sarah’s heart.

     “Not even a- oh I don’t know, a Pikachu or Squirtle?” Sarah said trying to hint at mostly Pikachu.

     “Nope. You could come back tomorrow if you want a different starter.” Professor Oak suggested.

     “Uhh no thanks. I think Charmander and I might make a great team together.” Sarah said accepting Charmander’s Pokéball.

     “Take good care of Charmander. And here are your Pokéball’s and Pokédex.” Professor Oak said handing Sarah her tools for becoming a Pokémon trainer.

     “Thank you Professor!” Sarah said putting her Charmander’s Pokéball onto her belt and her empty one’s in her backpack, along with her Pokédex. Sarah was all set for her Pokémon journey now. That is, until the Professor stopped her for one more thing.

     “I need you to give this egg to a girl named Harmony. She was in such a rush, that I didn’t have time to give it to her.” Professor Oak said handing Sarah an egg. The egg was in a clear case and had red tails all over it and a brownish red base.

     “A Pokémon egg?!” Sarah said surprised. “Where did you get a Pokémon egg from?!”

     “There were these strange people that wore all white, and a cape, that came by and asked me to give this to Harmony, but she left and now I need you to find her and give this to her.” Professor Oak said, Sarah taking the egg.

     “Okay. I’ll give it to her for you.” Sarah said and walked out the lab to start her long, long Pokémon adventure.

~***~

Sarah walked onto Route 1 and caught a Pidgey and Rattata while looking out for Harmony. Finally, Sarah saw someone with brown hair and a Pikachu on their shoulder.

     “Hey, that person might be Harmony!” Sarah said running towards them. When Sarah was running, she accidentally tripped over a rock and fell on top of the trainer she was running to, the two falling down. “Oh I'm so sorry!”

     “Oh, it’s okay. Hey what’s that you’re holding?” The girl trainer asked. She has brunette hair, a newsboy light brown cap and different colored eyes, the right green and the left blue. Her clothes were the same as Sarah’s from her Pokémon experience back home.

     “Oh. This? Well it’s a Pokémon egg. By the way, I'm Sarah Hollenbeck!” Sarah said. “I'm from Arizo- I mean, Pallet Town! I can’t believe I almost said I’m from Arizona…

     “Hi Sarah! I'm Harmony and this is Pikachu.” The girl Harmony said introducing her and her Pokémon.

     “Pikachu!” Pikachu greeted.

     “Aw! Your Pikachu is so cute!” Sarah said. "Oh, by the way. Professor Oak asked me to give this egg to you.”

     “Oh. Really? Thanks!" Harmony said taking the egg.

     “Well I better be on my way now. I hope I see you again Harmony and Pikachu.” Sarah said running off.

   Sarah walked some more and a shrieking sound startled Sarah half to death, causing her to send out her Charmander.

     “Whoops…Sorry about that Charmander!” Sarah said about to put Charmander back into its Pokéball till a wild Pokémon started to attack it. Sarah screamed, but Charmander fought back using Ember. "C-Charmander! Stop attacking! Charmander!"

Charmander turned to Sarah, glaring daggers and uses Ember on her.

     “Ahhh! T-that hurt!” Sarah screamed. “Why's you do that?!” Charmander points behind Sarah, Sarah turning around to see a gang of the Pokémon that had tried attacking them. "”M-M-Mankey’s!” Charmander sighed and started to take out each Mankey without being ordered to attack.

 

When there was only one Mankey left, Charmander began to feel tired, but would keep going to protect Sarah from harm. Drops of rain began to fall, Sarah realizing the danger Charmander was about to be in.

     “Charmander, you need to get in your Pokéball!” Sarah said getting Charmander’s Pokéball out. As she was about to put Charmander back in, Charmander slapped the Pokéball out of Sarah's hands and shaking its head. “But if you don't go in your Pokéball, you'll die from the rain!”

     “Char Charmander char!” Charmander said.

     “Let Rattata or Pidgey do this!” Sarah pleaded.

   Charmander just glared at its trainer and ran towards the Mankey. Charmander used Ember and then used Scratch. The Mankey ran off, Charmander's tail about to go out. Sarah ran to Charmander, picking up its Pokéball and returned it.

     “I need to get to a Pokémon Center, fast!” Sarah said running, but then slipping in a puddle from the rain. She tried to get up, but was blinded by a big flash and fainted.

   When Sarah woke up, she saw a rainbow with a big bird Pokémon flying over her head.

     There is no information on this Pokémon.” The Pokédex suddenly said from Sarah's pocket. “There are still more Pokémon to be discovered.”

     “....Ho-oh....” Sarah mumbled. Her eyes suddenly widened and she quickly sat up. “Oh no! Charmander! Oh no! Ash! I need to get Charmander to the Pokémon Center before Ash gets there and blows the place up!”

~***~

Sarah was running as fast as she could, despite not being able to run very fast.

     As long as I'm not holding Charmander when passing by Officer Jenny, I'll make it there without Ash beating me. Sarah thought as she ran passed the police station.

Sarah slowly made her way up to the Pokémon Center and came in panting.

     “Hello. How may I help you today?” A nurse asked. She has pink hair with two pig tails tied up and making a circle in the middle, her eyes an ocean blue. She wears a pink dress and a nurse's hat that has a cross.

     “Nurse Joy! My Charmander...my Charmander...need's urgent help!" Sarah said trying to catch her breath, handing the nurse Charmander's Pokéball.

     “What happened to it?” Said woman Nurse Joy asked.

     “It started raining and I tried to put Charmander back in its Pokéball, but it slapped it away and now its tail is almost gonna go out!” Sarah said. “You've gotta help Charmander!”

     “This is very urgent. Chansey, get a room ready for Charmander.” Nurse Joy said to her Pokémon.

     “Is there anything I can do?” Sarah asked.

     “Not right now. We have to get Charmander’s tail to get lit more.” Nurse Joy said putting Charmander on a stretcher. “When we're done, you can comfort Charmander while it rests.”

     “Okay....” Sarah said sitting down in the waiting room.



© 2012 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
Character Information:

Sarah Hollenbeck: A young girl from Mesa Arizona who awakens one morning to find herself in the world of Pokemon. She goes to the great Professor and gets her beginner Pokemon and heads out on her adventure to become a Pokemon Master.

Professor Samuel Oak: The Pokemon Professor in Kanto located in Pallet Town. (In the Show)

Nurse Joy: A Pokemon docter/nurse that will help and heal a trainer's Pokemon without fee.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol I would be overjoy yet freak out that I just woke up one morning in the Pokemon world!

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh i know this one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pluse, I've changed it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've been writing more so, no. you have't read this far untill now.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


really sarah? did i read this one at scool?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on April 24, 2012
Tags: Pokemon
Previous Versions


Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1