tonight

tonight

A Poem by Savanna Lee

Every word I say is just another facade, another shiny little world to hide behind when things go wrong. Dear I know you've got it bad, and it's not a bed of roses.
Do you think I can't see that?
I know you can't breathe air that speaks the truth because it's so much easier to live a lie. It's not that I don't care, only that I can't understand why you do this to yourself.
Put your heart back in your chest, no need to keep it in that box.
You know you only make it easier to steal.
I wish I could, but I can't bring myself to keep it, knowing you'll only take it back soon enough.
Being an only isn't being a best it's just a hope that this is enough, though I know it's not.
Single scratch on the moon, every time it comes around you'll just betray me for another addiction.
Oh god, I try so hard not to care but it's never enough to keep me from falling.
The edge of the earth is so close, and with the world at my heels how can I help but fall off?
There's beauty in the fall, you know because it's the stopping that will kill you.
So let's just hang, suspended in midair and maybe we can fall asleep because separation by a sea is nothing in a world of clouds.

© 2010 Savanna Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010

Author

Savanna Lee
Savanna Lee

Mishawaka, IN



About
I always have trouble with these things because one, I've never had a clear perception of myself, and two, you can't sum a person up in a paragraph. Look, I love to write, and I'm constantly trying t.. more..

Writing
bleeding bleeding

A Poem by Savanna Lee