What keeps you from getting a good nights sleep?

What keeps you from getting a good nights sleep?

A Story by D
"

I got this book from target with 300 writing prompts. Every now and then I try to knock one out. The title of the story is the prompt from the book

"
Solitude. I love it. It’s also hard to come by living with a big family and all. But I love being alone with my thoughts (most times). At this moment I can hear the tics of three different clocks in three different rooms. They are all out of sync and sound like they are having a conversation. The refrigerator tries to hum over them. Most of the time I’m up thinking about life. Thinking about how I got to this moment in time. About how high school was such a blur. About that girl I used to like. Trying to to remember why I liked her. When I’m not reminiscing, I’m overthinking the future. When will I get married? Will I even get married? What’s APR? How does a mortgage work? When will I finally grow a beard? When the questions start to get unusual then I know that sleep is on its way. We wrestle, but it wins. It always seems to win.

© 2017 D


Author's Note

D
Gimme a break. This is my first time. Also, I probably, most likely, definitely don't know how to use commas.

If you don't really care to review, feel free comment your own little journal for the prompt in the title. Something short and sweet. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I relate to this so much! I think you are very articulate in this piece. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading it. What keeps me up at night is I work the graveyard shift.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 28, 2017
Tags: Humor, laugh, funny

Author

D
D

Brooklyn, NY



About
Umm I like to write I guess. I was never much in tune with it. But recently I’ve been exploring it more. more..

Writing
Moments Moments

A Story by D


I Ran I Ran

A Story by D