Choke

Choke

A Story by BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY

"I can't wait till prom, Julia!" sqeaked Kayla.

"I wonder if anyone is going to ask us... And maybe who it would be..? I'm just so excited!"  JUlia sqeaked back.

"I wonder if Noah is asking me..." wondered Kayla.

"Well duh, Kayla! He's your boyfriend... Of course he's going to ask you to prom!" answered Julia.

"Let's hope so... We should probably get going to class, you don't want to be late to Mrs. Worchester's class, she's awfully mean to you when your late." yelled Kayla to Julia, running down the hall.

"Okay! Wait up!" Julia yelled back.

"Never! I'm not risking missing our Senior year prom! See you on the flip side!" yelled Kayla in response to Julia's remark.

        At lunch Julia caught up with Kayla. Julia sat next to Kayla and smiled directly at her until Kayla noticed.

"Hello, Miss Smiles! How are you?" joked Kayla.

"Great! Thanks for asking Miss Not-So-Single!" returned Julia, laughing as she spoke.

"Hahahahahaha" laughed Kayla.

"I have great news, Kayla!" sqeaked Julia.

"What is it! Tell me! Tell me!"  Kayla squeaked back, jumping out of her seat.

"I bought us limo ride tickets to Prom! You and me, riding to prom in a limo!" Julia yelled with excitement.

"Oh my gosh... But what about Noah? We were planning on going together..." questioned Kayla.

"Oh! I forgot all about Noah! I'll go and see if there's any tickets left for him..." Julia's voice drifted off as she ran away from the table to the ticket booth. After about 10 minutes Julia finally returned to the lunch table.

"So, could you get an extra one?" asked Kayla, excitedly.

"Well, they only sell the tickets in two's. So I have an extra ticket..." answered Julia.

"Well, what are we going to do with one extra ticket?" Kayla asked, worried.

"Well, I was hoping I could save it, for any guy that might ask me. Its still early to be asking..." Julia replied, un-easy about what Kayla's response might be.

"BUT IT WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE ONLY ME AND YOU GOING TO PROM TOGETHER!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?" screamed Kayla.

"IT WAS, UNTIL 10 MINUTES AGO, YOU ASKED ME TO BUY ANOTHER TICKET FOR YOUR STUPID LOVER-BOY!" returned Julia, frustrated at Kayla's attitude.

"Whatever. I'm not dealing with this." Kayla whispered as she tried to walk away.

"Yeah, your not dealing with it, because you realized your wrong. And I'm right. Like always." Julia returned loudly, causing a scene.

"Well atleast I can get a boyfriend, because I'm skinny, pretty and nice. All the opposites of you!" screamed Kayla, furiated with Julia.

"You know i'm conscience about my weight! Shut up! I don't need this from you! Now I can't have someone ask me to my last prom, EVER? All because your happy, doesn't mean no one else can be happy! God! Your so stupid!" screamed Julia, stomping out of the cafeteria. "And give me back those tickets! They're mine! I bought them and I can give them to anyone I like! Oh, and good luck getting other tickets... They're ALL sold out!"

"Ugh! Fine! I don't want tickets with YOUR dna on them, anyway! I might get disease-ridden from you!" yelled Kayla running out of the caeteria, also.

       After the scene, Noah quickly and secretively caught up with Julia, by her locker, on the ground crying.

"Hey" Noah whispered. "Are you ok?"

"No! Your girlfriend hates me, all because I want to be happy! Whats wrong with being happy?" cried Julia, tears running down her face.

"Nothing... Just calm down... okay? Everything will be alright. I'll talk with Kayla and calm her down... You'll be fine." Noah smiled at Julia. Julia smiled back.

"Why can't I have a boyfrined like you? Your so sweet and nice and caring!" Julia asked.

"You can have a boyfriend like me. Just ask, and you might get one." Noah said quietly.

"Okay... Can I have a boyfriend like you, Noah?" Julia asked.

"Yes, of course you can." Noah answered as his lips locked with Julia's. After their kiss, Julia smiled and said,

"Usually, I would have pulled away, but since I have nothing to lose, why not go and try for a second kiss?" said Julia. Julia kissed Noah, this time.

"Well, I better get going and break the news to Kayla that we're over, before she comes looking for me." Noah said in a hurry.

"So does this mean... we're dating now?" asked Julia, excitely.

"Yes, of course Julia." answered Noah smiling, as he walked down the hall.

        "WHAT?!?!?" screamed Kayla, obviously not taking the break up to well.

"We're over! Me and Julia are perfect together!" Noah ran down the hall to meet up with Julia. Kayla ran outside, uncontrolably crying.

"You broke up with her, now? I didn't think you would do it!" said Julia, astonished.

"I love you. I would do anything to be with you." answered Noah. Outside, Kayla's friends, Carolina and Isis were attempting to calm Kayla down, but failing to do so.

"Why doesn't he love me? Why does he love her?" Cried Kayla.

"Oh girl, it's okay. You don't need him! You're fine!" Isis said.

"But I think Julia's right. I think you did overreact a little in there..." explained Carolina.

"So you're leaving me too? To support what used to be my best friend? Thanks..." mumbled Kayla.

"That not what I was trying to..."

"Just go!" Kayla interuppted Carolina. Kayla ran home. She didn't car if she was missing school. She couldn't bear to be sit next to Julia in the rest of her classes. 

"I HATE HER! SHE STOLE MY BOYFRIEND! WE WERE SO HAPPY TOGETHER! MY LIFE IS RUINED. EVERYONE HATES ME. I HAVE NO FRIENDS. UGH. MY LIFE IS OVER!" yelled Kayla as she slammed her front door to her house behind her.

Back at school, Julia is in English.

"What are you gonna do your essay on?" Julia asked Noah

"I don't know" answered Noah, winking at Julia as they parted to go to their separate classes.

"Soooo. You and Noah! Awwwwwwwww." said one of Julia's close friends, McKenzie. 

"Oh be quiet." answered Julia, embarrassed.

"NEVER! You guys are soo cute together!!!!" squeaked McKenzie.

"I'm serious! What if she comes back and hears that we're official? I'd be screwed." Julia said worriedly. 

"Oh, yeah you're right. I'll be quiet." shyly answered McKenzie. 

Back at Kayla's house... Kayla stormed upstairs and flew herself onto her bed. She started crying to pillow. 

"Bang" The front door slammed shut.

"Who could that be?" whispered Kayla to herself.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HOME?" screamed Kayla's mom, once she found Kayla in her bed.

"Noah broke up with me! And Julia and I are no longer friends! This is the worst day of my life!" cried Kayla.

"Honey! I'm sorry but I don't care! Go back to school! You can worry about this later! Go back to school, NOW!" yelled Kayla's mom, getting more and more aggravated. 

"UGH FINE! WHATEVER!" screamed Kayla as she ran out of her room and out of her house. "They just don't understand... I'm all by myself... NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!" Kayla decided to walk to the park, instead of school. Kayla sat down on a swing. A mom and her boy came to the park. The boy was about 5 or 6. The boy ran over to Kayla and sat on the swing next to her.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" asked the boy.

"Yeah, I should be, but no one understands me." answered Kayla.

"Give them time, they'll understand." curiously answered the boy.

"I gave them plenty of time, and at first they understood me, but now they never will. They changed. Or maybe I did. Either way, my life has no purpose." cried Kayla.

"If your life has no purpose, then why are you still alive?" asked the boy.

"That's a good question..." said Kayla as she stood up and raced home. She slammed the door to her house and grabbed and piece of paper and a pen. She wrote a note and and sealed it into an envelope. She ran to Julia's house, left the note on the doorstep, rang the doorbell, and ran.

"Hello?" asked Julia as she opened the door. "What is this?" asked Julia as she picked up the envelope. She pulled out the note and it read, "Julia, after today I realized that my life has no purpose. Many thing have pointed that out to me. I'm going down to the bridge and jumping. By the time you finish reading this, I'll be half way there. Don't stop me. You wouldn't come anyway, you hate me. Yours and always, your former best friend, Kayla. 

"OH MY GOD. MOM GET YOUR KEYS. WE NEED TO DRIVE TO THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, NOW. NO TIME TO ASK QUESTIONS. GO!" Screamed Julia. 

*15 minutes later* Julia, Noah, and Julia's mom arrive at the bridge to find Kayla standing on the edge of the bridge. 

"Kayla, No!" screamed Noah.

"My life has purpose! I'm jumping..." Kayla's voice drifted off.

"NO!" screamed Julia, but she was too late, Kayla had already jumped. "She really jumped. She's really doing this, or already has. Has she reached the bottom?" cried Julia, too devistated to look. 

"She down there, I can see her body." answered Noah.

"IS SHE ALIVE?" screamed Julia.

"She's as lifeless as can be..." answered Noah. Julia continued to cry.

"Honey lets go home." told Julia's mom as she led Julia to the car.

*Next week* 

"Okay class, its time to present our essays. Any volunteers?"

"I'll go." answered Julia. Before she began to read, Julia mouthed, "This ones for you." As Julia began to read her essay, she began to cry. 

"And another fact about the Golden Gate bridge, is that it has the highest rate for suicidal jumpers." said Julia.

"Oh thats so sad" interrupted the teacher.

"Just this last week, 167 people jumped, including my friend, Kayla." choked out Julia.

 

 

THE END.














 

 

 

 

© 2012 BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazingg! You gonna finish??(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY

11 Years Ago

I'm trying to finish(: any specific date that i should try to finish it by?
That's gooodd! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012