A Minute of Failure

A Minute of Failure

A Story by Poppletron
"

Nuclear Apocalypse

"
"A minute of failure" That's what they called it on that Halloween night. The night that within minutes every nuclear missile, that this world had offer, was fired. Mutually share destruction at its finest I would say. Those children all dressed up not a care in the world other than the trying to out do their friends by getting way more candy than they did. You should've seen their faces when they saw the lights in sky. One kid, I don't if he was just plain stupid or a foolishly optimistic, said that they were common fireworks. The older kids they knew what was going on and they grabbed their little brothers and sisters and ran home. I pity the little tikes with families couldn't afford bunkers dead or dying of radiation sickness in their basements. We knew it was coming, we all did the question had been when. If they had only known that their children would be caught up in the middle of this would they had done things differently? I don't know and it's honestly too late to ask. We were the ones who ruined our world. We are the ones that set our world to blaze. It only takes a minute to screw everything up, and centuries to fix it.

© 2016 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on April 4, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016
Tags: nuke, apocalypse

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron