Sacrifice

Sacrifice

A Story by Poppletron
"

Day 8 Prompt: She stood on the rickety platform, closed her eyes, then jumped into the pool of the metallic liquid.

"

She stood on the rickety platform, closed her eyes, then jumped into the pool of the metallic liquid. Maybe this would begin to make things right.

She had always tried to do her best to be a good person. However, that wasn't the problem. Despite all the good she had done, her very existence had caused so much pain.

To be told that all everything that had happened was because of you, and know it to be true would be hard for anyone, but not her as she had been expecting it for many years.

Being that good person she knew she had to find a way to make things right as soon as possible before anyone else was hurt by her very presence, her very existence.

"I must never be." She said to herself knowing that is what she must do, and to save the world, wouldn't you?

She had heard the stories and legends hoping them to be true, for this was the only way she could fix everything.

After years of searching, she found it knowing that there was no other way and accepted her fate.

It was cold as she slipped further and further into the dark abyss. The liquid began to come to life. Colors seem to flash about as it seemed to boil around her, but it didn't hurt as she fully did expect. No, it seemed to soothe as her timeline was erased.

Day by day her life began to fade before her. She did not regret the decision praying that those she cared about would have better lives never having known her.

She let out tears of joy knowing that the world would finally be at peace. Everything began to fade and she let out a final breathe...


...Before waking up, somewhere else.

© 2017 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on October 26, 2017

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron