Those That Lurk

Those That Lurk

A Story by Kody Reavis
"

A Boy named Gary Newman is visited by those that lurk while home alone one Saturday night. He faces terrifying beings and must get help!

"
Gary Newman, sitting on a stool in his kitchen with a glass of milk is watching the sports channel on T.V which is in the living room. It is about midnight now on a Saturday and his parents have left him home alone for the night as they are currently out with friends. The only company Gary has is his chihuahua named Renald. Renald has been sleeping in front of the main door waiting for Gary's parents to return ever since they left like he always does.
A few minutes later as Gary was watching closely at the T.V, he reached for his glass and accidentally knocked it off the counter with his arm. Renald leaped into the air followed by a few yelps as soon as it crashed to the floor. Renald's barking startled Gary and then with frustration he yelled "Shut It!" Renald then quieted down and sat back on the floor. Gary got up off the stool and went towards the bathroom to grab a towel. The bathroom was down the hall towards where Renald is and to the right. 
As Gary was pulling out a towel from a cabinet, he noticed that the T.V in the other room was becoming louder by the second as if someone was turning it up with the remote. He could hear the announcers from the game shouting extremely loud. "To the forty! To the fifty! Touchdown Steelers!" The volume was so loud that Renald was again yelping and Gary had to cover his ears as he went over to quickly turn it down. Just as he was about to grab the remote, the T.V completely shut off without a logical reason. Gary started to become confused and stared at the T.V for a minute. He actually began to feel a little scared as if he were a toddler afraid of the Boogey Man. 
Eventually he tried to ignore it and bent down with the towel to clean up the glass and spilt milk. As soon as he picked up the last piece of glass, the light in the kitchen flickered a few times and then went out. There was then a sudden and loud thud that seemed to have come from upstairs. Renald immediately ran up the stairs barking towards the sound. Gary sat there on the kitchen floor without wanting to even move. He had goosebumps and hairs stand up on the back of his neck. He got a little courage and slowly stood up. Even though it was dark, he could still see since his eyes adjusted to the darkness. The first thing he noticed was that all the electronics in the house were either flashing, broken, or resetting. Gary began to feel even more scared so he made his way to the knife rack to make himself feel safer. 
He pulled out the biggest knife he could find and went towards the bottom of the stairs. Only when he reached the bottom of the stairs is when he realized he hasn't heard Renald barking in a while. He feared the worst from that since it's unusual for Renald to not be barking. He got a good grip and began to ascend the stairs. By the time he was almost at the top, his suspicion and tension was so intense that he almost fell down the stairs when the doorbell randomly went off three times fast. 
Gary turned and went down to the door and hoped it was somebody he knew because he was scared and it was late. Gary took a deep breath as he slid open the door to only see that nobody was there. He quickly looked around and then shut it and locked it. When he turned back around his eyes firstly went down the hall by the T.V and through the glass back door. He almost yelled as his gaze was met with something else on the outside of it. It seemed to be an all white and hairless creature with human features, but it was on all fours and it had bent sharp teeth and void looking eyes. It was completely motionless as it stared at him. Gary was now shaking and was too frightened to yell for help. 
He quickly got up and ran up the stairs as fast as he could to get to his room and hide. He opened his closet and hid inside with a tight grip on the knife's handle. Gary was breathing hard while shaking with tears in his eyes of fright. Everything was silent except for his loud rapid breathing. Over a few minutes his breathing quieted down, but his heart dropped to the floor as he couldn't believe that his breath wasn't the only breath present in the dark closet. He slowly turned to the left with his knife raised. Even though it was almost pitch black, he could make out a silhouette of a human figure sitting next to him. Gary screamed for his life, but it couldn't be heard.
A few hours has passed and Gary's parents have arrived home. The house seemed to be how they left it. Renald lying on the floor sleeping in front of the door, kitchen light on, and T.V on sports channel in the living room. The only thing missing was Gary and his glass of milk...

© 2014 Kody Reavis


Author's Note

Kody Reavis
Thanks For Reading! Hope it was a little creepy to make you get less sleep! This has not had any proofreading so if you notice mistakes, I apologize for that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on August 31, 2014
Last Updated on August 31, 2014
Tags: Scary, Creepy, Suspenseful, Strange

Author

Kody Reavis
Kody Reavis

Omaha, NE



About
I Love to write short stories and get feedback from anyone i can! I as well am currently writing a novel. more..

Writing