A sweet short life and its worst death and its existence in surreal

A sweet short life and its worst death and its existence in surreal

A Story by writer in trial
"

Nothing lasts forever. But for me, it fits with depression. Born alone, live alone and die alone ..............

"

Please tell me once you are the one I was searching for

Hey I’m singing your favorite song. You used to dance in this.

Hey why aren’t you dancing anymore??

Are you the same??

 

Max was an 11 year old kid living with his mom in a small town. After the death of his father, most of the times he confined himself within the room drawing sketches or playing video games. His mom was a drunkard who beat him frequently. So he ran away to a scientist’s house nearer to their house in order to escape from her. Max loved to spend his time there by playing color match or discussing about universe and nature. Day by day Max loneliness seems to be vanished because he had got one new friend, Scientist Albert to share his thoughts and imagination. Albert was working hardly on his new invention because of which he almost forgot to take care of his health. Day by day his health started deteriorating. It was his last day. When Max reached his home, he said that he is feeling like he will die today only. Because this pain is killing him terribly. So before dying, he surrendered his invention to Max. It was a robot. He told Max that this robot is going to replace him after he’s gone. He gave him a piece of paper with a list of songs and make Max clear about it’s operation. It’s a special kind of robot who will do a particular list of works when listened to the songs assigned to each work. He said Max not to worry as he has specified all those works which will make him happy and after that he will no longer feel his absence. He handed the robot to Max with care and next early morning he passed away. For some days, Max wasn’t able to concentrate on anything. He kept the robot as usual at the corner.

 

After 2 weeks of Albert’s death, he felt like is his life is again moving back to boredom one. He reminded Albert’s word that this robot will take his position and will serve as a good friend to him. (Max). He quickly picked the robot and sang a song from the list. As he sang, robot quickly stood up and started moving his hands and legs. This made him laugh. Then he sang another one. And the robot quickly bring one glass of water for him. But when he sang the last song on the list, robot didn’t move at all. After clearly looking at the activity specified, he found that this song was meant for car driving. Since there was no car, it didn’t perform. But Max didn’t take it seriously because most of the activities were done by his robot friend now. Apart from entertaining Max, he did every common things for him too. Max life was on the peak. He was thankful to Albert  for providing him with such a wonderful gift and named his robot as “Life Saver”. His mom was observing things happening with Max. She couldn’t tolerate all these and somehow jealous of his enjoyable life. So she decided to end all these. One night while Max was sleeping, she picked the robot along with the paper and threw it at the garbage bin far away from house.

 

At the same night, one car was passing by that road. Suddenly by seeing a robot at the roadside, it stopped. The man after curiously looking at the robot and the paper attached to it didn’t find any clue that what to do with it. So he threw it and moved towards his car. As he started the music, robot started moving towards the car. Accidentally, it was the same song mentioned in that list too. Robot slowly opened the car’s door and started driving. Now the man’s curiosity grew even more. He stopped the music and took the robot to his home for experiment. He finally concluded the secret behind this operation and decided to edit its functionalities, so that anyhow if it’s caught by owner, then he will not be able to recognize it through activities and songs. So he started deleting all songs and activities and finally made the robot modified with a list of new activities specific to new songs. Now the robot was totally sensible as per the new list made by him.

 

 

Max’s life started degrading day by day. From morning till evening, he kept on searching life saver every day. After getting not a single clue from any source, he finally tired and went through a depression zone. But his mom had no guilty feelings for what she had done. After one month, one of the Max’s friend insisted him to go for an exhibition which is specially robots exhibition and it will be conducted after 2 days. Max suddenly get excited and hoped for the best that in exhibition he was definitely gonna get life saver. Without missing this opportunity, after two days with high hopes, he went to attend exhibition. After looking through all of them, he finally saw life saver. Overloaded with happiness, he came in front of the robot and started singing one song in which life saver’s used to dance. But it didn't move at all. He sang repeatedly with an hope that now it will move, but no. Then he started singing all the songs in that list, but life saver’s was totally numb to those songs. He cried like hell and shouted that it can’t be my life saver. It can’t be. Remembering all these things, finally max went to a severe mental disease.

 

After 4 months………..

 

Though doctors were able to cure Max,but not totally. Till now Max isn't able to forget Life Saver. He is still murmuring its name with these lines:

 

Please tell me once you are the one I was searching for

Hey I’m singing your favorite song. You used to dance in this.

Hey why aren’t you dancing anymore??

Are you the same??

 

 

 

 

© 2013 writer in trial


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cool, weird and interesting in a good way. Clean it up, you've got some typos scattered throughout the script. Also, be sure to stay in one tense, i.e. if you begin speaking past tense, don't jump to present. This reads as if you are explaining a story you would like to write. Rather than writing a story. Does that make sense?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

writer in trial

10 Years Ago

:D. hey i will let you know about my next writing :D. And i will try to make it grammatically correc.. read more
Jack V.

10 Years Ago

Great!!! I look forward to hearing more of your work!
Jack V.

10 Years Ago

Err... seeing more of your work lol



Reviews

Awww how sad! I am sorry that he became so in love with a robot and that he couldn't be happy without one in his life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

writer in trial

10 Years Ago

Yeah, even if i feel sad too. :(. It happens sometimes. See how bad luck he has. Even though it was .. read more
OBWhiteHawk

10 Years Ago

That is a good point and maybe that is part of the story too, how we can go crazy and give so much o.. read more
writer in trial

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot friend :)
Cool, weird and interesting in a good way. Clean it up, you've got some typos scattered throughout the script. Also, be sure to stay in one tense, i.e. if you begin speaking past tense, don't jump to present. This reads as if you are explaining a story you would like to write. Rather than writing a story. Does that make sense?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

writer in trial

10 Years Ago

:D. hey i will let you know about my next writing :D. And i will try to make it grammatically correc.. read more
Jack V.

10 Years Ago

Great!!! I look forward to hearing more of your work!
Jack V.

10 Years Ago

Err... seeing more of your work lol
Whats the moral? It's definatly hitting the depression button, but I left the story confused.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samuel Jack

10 Years Ago

शुक्रीया (बहुत , it's my custom to make people feel at home, a little bit of.. read more
writer in trial

10 Years Ago

Sanskrit is actually tough. It's very difficult to pronounce the words coz it needs much more clarit.. read more
writer in trial

10 Years Ago

Well i am writing a simple one, though i forgot sanskrit completely. "i am going to home". In sanskr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013
Tags: loneliness, happiness, sci-fi, tragedy, jealousy, selfishness, fame, depression

Author

writer in trial
writer in trial

Bangalore, KARNATAKA, India



About
Well hello everyone :D I know i am not a very skilled writer. But i just love to write because i feel happy from inside when i convert my thoughts and feelings to writings. No matter how silly and .. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by writer in trial


Untitled Untitled

A Stage Play by writer in trial