Letter from a postman

Letter from a postman

A Story by Pravir

"One bite more son and then we will go for playing. . . just eat the last bite dear" said Jacob to his 7 yrs old only son Ayan. Mr. Jacob was a postman by profession but for ayan he was everything . . Ayan's mom passed away when he was just two yrs. He never knew what mother's love is . . and Jacob tried his best to give all the happiness to his son.
Being a postman, it was not easy to fulfill all his son's desires. But he never made him realize that his father was incapable of anything . . . and yes for ayan really his dad was a hero . . he was a very decent boy . . and never complained though his friends had bicycles and video games . . He never made any issues regarding all these . . .
Slowly and gradually time passed and with his father's overnight efforts he got admitted to the top college of the city. Ayan was also great in studies . . may be as he became mature, he realized the importance of money and education .. .
Soon Ayan completed his degree as a topper of the university and was offered a job in USA with a handsome salary. . .that was the proudest moment for his father . . today he finally succeded the race against time. . on the other hand ayan was not equally happy as he had to leave his father for the first time and go soo far from him. . .
Anyways accepting their fate . . both father and son departed for the airport . . with wet eyes Ayan bid a gud bye to his dad . . Jacob said "take care son".
Soon Ayan settled in USA and got settled with his new life. . . there he got new friends and this new city gave a charm to his life. On the other hand Jacob has grown old . . his wrinkless reflected how helpless he had become after Ayan left. . he thought that today if ayan's mom had been alive . . then how easy life would hve been with her . . .now he and his loneliness only were kept captivated there. . . after retirement his life become ruthless to him. . .sometimes he called Ayan but he barely responded his phone calls . . he thought may be he has become busy with his new job. . . but this was not the actual scenerio on the other side.
Ayan ran so fast chasing his dreams that he left his father behind . . he forget that with time his father was also getting old and needed his support. He fell in love for a girl and married him there. . one day he was Busy in a meeting and got a fone call from his dad.
" dont u have such common sense dad whn to call and when not to " ayan barked on the phone. .
"I m sorry son if have disturbed you. I had just a bad dream last night so got worried for you. . and i m also not felling . . ." jacob could nt complete before ayan disconnected the phone. . .
A few moths after this incident someone knocked at ayan's door.. . he opened and saw a courier boy handing him a box . . . he was confused that who has sent him a courier . . with lots of confusion and questions in his mind . . he opened the box . . there was a letter . . he opened the envelope and started reading -
"How are you my son . . hope you are living your dreams . I have struggled all my life just to see you prosper day by day . . . but see today you are such a big personality and i am not able to have a small glimpse of ur face . . you know son whole life i have distributed letters and connected people's feelings with each other . . and today i dnt have any means to convey my feelings apart from this letter . . well u were right son i am just a postman,how will i know importance of ur work . . i just knew your importance and thats way i used to call you . . unfortunately i dont knew that i was such a foolsih to disturb u . . see how sweet you are . . u never have distirbed me since you shifted there . though i was fully free . . on that day i just wanted to inform u about my disease . . yes i m having brain cancer last stage . . maybe when you will get my letter i would hve gone to rest in peace with your mother. . . she was also getting bored there . . haha stay happy and blessed son . . and i will be in direct contact with god so nothing bad will ever happen to you . . love u ayan"
-Jacob

Ayan burst into tears .he repeatedly read the letter . . . and it read the same thing . . . he rushed to the airport . . went to his father's place . . . the home was empty . . neighbours told him that " jacob had a very painfull death" and now Ayan got the same painfull life and guilt in return . . .

© 2017 Pravir


Author's Note

Pravir
Please say whatever comes to ur mind for d frst time after reading ds . . . n plzzz give advices fory imprvment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is so much improvement in this story as compared to your last one. I love your story concepts. You have reduced the usage of shortforms by a great percentage and I am sure they will be eradicated completely. Keep writing and you will surely prosper. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

7 Years Ago

Ur review really bought a smile on my face . its great to know dt u have read my last story also. .. read more



Reviews

A very good story my new friend. You create strong characters, a real life story line and a very sad ending. You also shared some wisdom. We miss what we forgot too late. Thank you Pravir for sharing the outstanding story shared.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your visit dear friend..,... I am glad that you liked it... And yes I believe in writing .. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You did very well. I understood this story and you are welcome. Please send read requests. I would l.. read more
Though there are many mistakes in structuring the sentences and paragraphs,still your write conveys the mgs very well.
I HV READ YOUR OTHER STORIES ALSO,IN WHICH YOUR IMPROVEMENT IS QUITE SIGNIFICANT.AGAIN ALL THE VERY BEST.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Yeahhh thanqqq . . its was my scond stry only. And dt time was not good at writing . . . and y.. read more
Heart touching one.. the concept was amazing..just one thing... I think full stops should be used and shortcuts and abbreviations shouldn't be used as it is a formal piece...overall it was very gud... keep writing 😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Yes, actually it was my second story only. . . . i have overcome some of these weak parts in my next.. read more
Sofia

6 Years Ago

You're absolutely welcome..
A very good story. Thank you for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

7 Years Ago

Thanx a lot . . . thnx for ur visit
A very heart touching story

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pravir

7 Years Ago

Thnku sumit for ur kind visit :-)
Ahh, emotional write man, Thank you for Sharing, That's all I can say.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pravir

7 Years Ago

Yep. . . dts emtionl . . . but many a times its the harsh truth of lyf . . . and these mishaps must .. read more
Johnny Dep

7 Years Ago

Yeah, for sure, we shall try our level best.
That hurt a lot Pravir! Sometimes life is just so unfortunate to some parents and their children. Very well written as a story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

7 Years Ago

Thnx divya for ur kind words . . plz do highlight my flaws also . so dt i could improve . . . thnx .. read more
There is so much improvement in this story as compared to your last one. I love your story concepts. You have reduced the usage of shortforms by a great percentage and I am sure they will be eradicated completely. Keep writing and you will surely prosper. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

7 Years Ago

Ur review really bought a smile on my face . its great to know dt u have read my last story also. .. read more
I think the concept of the story is really good. But there are quite many grammatical mistakes. I know you will improve day by day...practice makes a man perfect! Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

7 Years Ago

Thnx zoe . . actually my grammer is really weak n m wrking on it . . . ur reviews kep my motivtion h.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on June 25, 2017

Author

Pravir
Pravir

asansol, west bengal, India



About
i am 22. .,. an electrical engineer.. i know writing has nothing to do with my profession... but still i write,not to become famous ... its just that i find solace in expressing my untold emotions an.. more..

Writing
Illusion of love Illusion of love

A Chapter by Pravir



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Friend request Friend request

A Story by Pravir