Illusion of her arrival

Illusion of her arrival

A Chapter by Pravir
"

Love at first sight

"
It was a Sunday, the clock had already struck 10:00am and I was still lying  on my bed trying my best to get off the bed. I always feel that Sundays are meant only for sleeping eating and repeating the same. I am 25 yrs old,average looking guy working in a software company at bengalore india. My parents live in west Bengal with my big brother who is an IES officer and my idol too.
So starting my day,finally I somehow managed to push my thin body out of the bed. After half an hour I was ready with my breakfast. The same bread and jam. Suddenly my mobile beeped, I had a new message from an unknown number.         
  It read ,   ”heyy, how are you”
I tried to figure out whose number it might be, but did not get any clue so I asked
 “who z ds?? Sorry ur no. is not saved in my contact list.”
I continued with my breakfast, as soon as I put the jam on the bread and was about to have my first bite, again the phone beeped. Well, You can only get such fast replies if you are important to someone. Curiously I quickly opened the chat box and read ,
 “u forgot me so quickly,its me ur sweety ur baby (”
Ohh!!! He must be Rahul, playing prank with me. He usually does that. He also used to bully me in college due to my thin physique. And I taunted him by calling him giant as he was 6ft 4in tall. So this time I was not falling in his trap. Better I decided to ignore the message and completed my breakfast. As I had lot of pending office works to do, so I started working on my desktop.
But somewhere deep in my mind it was haunting that what if it wasn't Rahul. Few droplets of sweat appeared on my forehead. No she cant come back in my life . Its impossible . I knew I was fighting a lost battle with my curious mind. So finally I opened the phone which I had put on silent mode. It had 6 unread messages. Without wasting a moment I started to read.
“ Sorry did I disturb you like always I had done before. I know you have become a software engineer but can I get a few minutes from your busy life ……”
“ I texted you instead of calling because our conversation had started through chatting only. Hope u remember (”
“are you still slepping or what …. Hellloooo misterrrr . .. I had told you several times that whtsover be the problem, try to wake up before 8 am “
“hope u have put on same weight by now”
“I think you are really busy, anyways do reply if you ever want to…. Still waiting.”
My mouth was still open after these back to back shocks. how can Dipika come back to my life. After five long years why she has texted me. why again is she making my life complicated.
Dipika , a name which was enough for most of the boys to take them out of their senses. I still remember the first day I met with her. It was the first year of engineering and we were having an intro class by our seniors. Everyone stood up and introduced themselves,one by one. On that day I noticed her. When she stood up, not only my classmates , but also seniors inspected her beauty for atleast once. She had really the most beautifull and cute faces of the world. Her  perfectly straightened long hair, her salwar kameez and not a single glimpse of makeup made her the most discussed and viewed faces of the college. But being a simple average luking guy I never had the guts to go and have a small chat with her. I was satisfied by whatever glimpse of her I got . its not that I was shy or didn’t had female friends but this was a different feeling. I was unable to build the courage to approach her.
One day me and my friends were playing truth and dare game in which we would spin a bottle and the person at which the bottle pointed,was given a dare. We were four best buddies and where known by FANTASTIC FOURS. Rahul had the most dirty minds amongst us. He rarely remembered any girls face because his eyes never went up to there. He had only two obsessions ,one was to build a body like Sunny deol and another to love a body like Sunny leone.
He was the most shameless creature I had ever seen. But the tragedy was that he was still single. Well he had no problem with this. His favorite dialog was, “look boss,I am happy with my pornstars. Get lost with your love and feelings”  
Instead of all these I never saw him teasing a girl or passing dirty comments. Yes he had a pure heart with love for those who loved him. Anyways I was to be given a dare and my buddies knew my weakness, so they gave me dare to go and ask the girl’s name which was standing near the basketball court. I turned back and as expected she was dipika. With a lot of nervousness and hesitation I somehow managed to approach the court but keeping a distance from her. I saw her long black hairs and again got mesmerized for a while by her beauty. Waking up from my transient day dream I went straight to her and stood in front of her just like an army officer, about to salute. 
Now I came to her notice, inspecting me from bottom to top with a surprised look she said “who are you mister,,,, are you okay”.  I quickly recapitulated myself and said, 
“hiii I am Manoj .”
“hiii, I am dipika. If I m not wrong you are my classmate .. right ??”
I was now floating in air. She also has noticed me before , I gained more confidence and said
“ I have skipped some classes of circuit theory can you give some of your notes”
Well this was the only line I have used whenever I was in such a position.
She smiled and said 
“actually I too have skipped the same classes . if you get the notes, please help me also. Okk bye I have to go for my karate classes now”
KARATE CLASS …. Was she giving me hint to stay away from her or what ….. with a dumb face I waved a bye to her.
The moment she was off, my friends came running and gathered around me. 
“what she said bro. did she gave you her number. Did you propose  ….. blablabla….”
“her name is dipika..thats it” he said 
I was blushing…. “you know she knew me beforehand “
“congo bro….. lets party” Rahul’s famous dialog in every odd or even situation.
This was my first introduction with Dipika and its all fresh till now, perhaps the best feeling of the world. Suddenly my phone rang and there was an unknown number flashing below which a name was continuously popping via truecaller and it read "Dipika" 


© 2018 Pravir


Author's Note

Pravir
How did Manoj and dipika come close....
Stay tuned to know the flashbacks of their life

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story, I am curious about what happened next.

Sorry for the delay in reading it.
I skipped writing for a bit so!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting and lovely... and this made me really laugh "build a body like Sunny deol and another to love a body like Sunny leone" :P.
You are a good storyteller just work on your grammar skills and I wonder did Manoj take that call and what happened further.

Best Regards,
Ariafh


Posted 5 Years Ago


I really like the way you make such simple stories interesting with your own storytelling. Again, there were a lot grammatical errors, but those, surprisingly, did not ruin the story. It was really intriguing. Looking forward to read the rest of it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Zoe for your kind words... I am glad that you like my concepts.. And regarding the Grammer .. read more
Zoya

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. There were quite a few of them so I can't possibly point out all and I'm no professi.. read more
first of all, i am really sorry that i didn't read it before as my exams are going on. i loved it, you always write sweet and cute stories.. very enchanting, i'd say. when i read the karate class scene and how the narrator thought that the girl was giving him hint to stay away, i laughed so hard! really lovely... you should add more details and description in you creations, it would make them more amazing. overall, i loved it, keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Anjali fir taking your time for my writings.. My exams are also over and have came here aft.. read more
Anjali

6 Years Ago

you're very welcome!
You took me on a very pleasing journey. I feel happy to read this. Thank you so much for sharing this.
'Hairs' is wrong usage of language it must be always written as 'hair'
Remember this always.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanks Najam... I am really glad that it made you happy because this is my prime concern while writi.. read more
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome. I have observed that you are learning and improving as you are writing.
A very good story. I liked the use of description and how you set-up the story. You used the who, why, when, where and how of the meeting. I liked the open ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanx a lot . . . . just one thing its not a complete story . . . . its first chapter of the boo.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A open ending mean more chapters and you are welcome.
You have done a good job here of writing a short story where the narrator goes back in time to share the back story on how he met this lady. It's easy to follow this switch in the timeline of your story & it all makes sense. At the end, you switch back to the present moment, with the phone ringing, & the narrator is probably wondering whether to answer it or not. I think this ending could be stretched out a little bit more. I do understand what you are saying without saying it. I can tell the guy wants to answer the phone, but he's unsure. But since this is the climax of your story, I think it could be pumped up a little but with more signs to tell the reader about his feelings & his uncertainty. Here's an example: he looks at his phone, then he wipes a little perspiration off his face, then he looks at his phone again, and throws it on the bedside table. After watching TV for a few minutes, he picks up his phone again and . . . so on & so on. Whenever you have a spot in your story where the feelings are strong, play in this moment for a little while longer, savor the moment & let your reader savor it with you. Your English is not perfect, but your writing is understandable, so I wouldn't worry about fixing errors. Just enjoy writing & expressing yourself becuz you have a nice personality that comes thru (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanx a lot for highlighting the loopholes in my story . . . . and its not a complete story . . its .. read more
plot is interesting ....hope to read the 2nd one soon


Posted 6 Years Ago


seems interesting....continue....rahul's character is interesting

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2018
Last Updated on February 25, 2018


Author

Pravir
Pravir

asansol, west bengal, India



About
i am 22. .,. an electrical engineer.. i know writing has nothing to do with my profession... but still i write,not to become famous ... its just that i find solace in expressing my untold emotions an.. more..

Writing
Illusion of love Illusion of love

A Chapter by Pravir



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya